xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iwuvcookies

Free Aim Number You can use it for stalkers. haha

Basically i got a link in my email or well an email in my inbox about AIM's or AOL new service called AIM PHONEline. It works along with Aim Triton which I dont' like th eprogram that much compared to older versions. Its one of those services where you get a number to give out to other people if yo udon't want to give out your cell or home phone number. The problem is it only works if your online and you can pick up calls with your internet connection. Well you ahve to have a mic and speakers to takl of course. If your not online to talk they can leave a voice message and you can hear the message online. I tried it out and it was cool at first but then it was okay. lol. I'm so fickle. I don't think AIm would trick you or anything and incur any charges but that's just stupid me talking and trustin ghuge corporations. There's not realyl a use now for me. But in college it may come handy. I might give like a a girl that number instead of my real cell. lol. Shoo i dont' know if she's a guy or not. haha.. Well it would be good if you do use an AIM chat client. Cuz you need the program to pick up calls when you are online.

here's the link.

http://voice.aol.com/?prom30&page=welcome

I think it would work seamlessly well with Skype the Free phone calling thingy in the US only. See with AIm Phoneline you can't do outgoing calls I think you have to upgrade for that or so and its about $10 a month. So Skype can do outgoing calls.

Interesting... Yahoo has something like that. But it's basically the regular chat thing. It doesn't involve a number or anything. You just click call and it will start ringing for the other person and they can choose to answer or not. I think you can leave msges with it. But that seems interesting. You could give it to your aim buds and have them talk to ya.

Interesting... Yahoo has something like that. But it's basically the regular chat thing. It doesn't involve a number or anything. You just click call and it will start ringing for the other person and they can choose to answer or not. I think you can leave msges with it. But that seems interesting. You could give it to your aim buds and have them talk to ya.

One thing great about this service is that you can ring mobile phones in quite a fw countries, thats preety rare in most VIOP services. Ringing a mobile in any country is an expensive affair, so this is really good for the budget councious person.