xisto Community
shadowx

Fantastico Forum Problem forum login problems

hello!first of all im not sure if the fantastico problems should be posted here but i guess they can be as im a hosted member in need of support ;)i installed the simple machines forum about 2 or 3 days ago and set the admin name and password during the install steps, once it was installed i followed the link to login as the admin and sort it all out properly but it gave me another login screen ("index.php?action=login2") i belive for those who also have the simple machines forum. And on this screen just about the username feild it said "you should fill in a username" so im guessing it hasnt realised that i did give a username! argh! What im thinking might be an issue is that i installed it on the subdomaib writings.site.trap17.com and that subdomain instead of having a seperate FTP account simply redirects to a folder on my website so it goes to site.trap17.com/writings could that cause a problem? if i know that is the problem i shall make another ftp account but untill im sure id rather not!thanx for any help and advice :)

I had a play around with that earlier & kinda gave up in the end.I tried Xoops instead & i'm pretty happy so far. There are an amazing amount of modules & themes you can upload for it, & its dead simple to do - just chuck the module in the correct folder in your file panel in the cpanel. No coding or messing around doing daft things. Tis dead easy.The only problem im having is removing the oops logo & replacing it with my own. That is proving rather problematic...

Edited by Mjay06 (see edit history)

An smf forum is a little different that some of the other kinds. The original name that you sign up with is your username, and will be the name that you always use to sign in with. Then you have the screen name, which it was probably asking you for. I remember this confused me when I first installed mine, my first posts had no name next to them.

An smf forum is a little different that some of the other kinds. The original name that you sign up with is your username, and will be the name that you always use to sign in with. Then you have the screen name, which it was probably asking you for.
I remember this confused me when I first installed mine, my first posts had no name next to them.

ahh rite! On that note i shall leave the smf forum as its a royal pain the backside with silly little things like that! I shall find another free forum to use methinks

Thanks for the input both of you! Saves me messing with it to make it work <_<