xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jumpenjuhosaphat

What Is A Nimrod

Nimrod in american culture is taken to be an insult. If I were to do something dumb, then I might be called a nimrod. In actuality, Nimrod was a name mentioned only once in the Bible. Nirod was known as the mighty hunter and a mention of him can be found in the book of Genesis. So next time someone calls you nimrod, smile, and say thankyou.

So just because this is mentioned in the bible it makes it a good thing to be called? Wait im confused...

still though thats cool, I dont know what the book of Genesis is, but it sounds familiar. Is it a part of the bible, or a part of diffrent culture? To me Nimrod in american culture is to be something closely related to being a nimwhit. Witch is the same meaning as nimrod as quoted from dictionary.com.

A person regarded as silly, foolish, or stupid.

This quote of course is being used in its informal pronounciation, formally it would be known as a hunter witch is what you said. This term to me sounds like a rude or impractical remark to make sowards someone else. The vocabular isnt sophisticated.

So in my opinion the right thing to do when someone calls you a nimrod is to back yourself up! This is of-course if it is used in a insulting tone of voice.