xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
garbage

Hands Free Cell Phones

My idea would be to create a completely hands free cell phone.. The phone will be used and worn just like the new curretn ear pieces.. The design will be very similar but will design sleek looking models.. This phone would need to be completely hands free, with that said.. there would be no keypad of any sort.. there would also be no display screen.. these would have to be sometype of smart phone..Everything would be voice activatedEven to programs your numbers you would say something like new directory. then the phone would promp the questions for you to answer such as name of person, home number, home number..so then do dial you would simply say call john at work or cell, or home.if you are wondering well how will i see who is calling me.. the phone wil automativcally let you know.. saying incoming call from :of the person is programmed to your phone then it would sate something like soincoming call from John Cell numberand to answer you would say end call or something like sobut what do you guys think of something like this.

How will you find it if you lose it? You won't be able to call it and listen for a ring if it simply says into your ear in a non-deafening way "Incoming call from..."Interersting Idea though. Not very feasable, however.The software to do that would not be able to be run on such a small device, most likely. Assuming we are even able to make the software, that is... We surely wouldn't be able to make it very WELL in today's world.Not to mention that it would be hard to add phone numbers and people's names into it without being able to see it. The human race is quite visual =p

In a story I'm writing, there is a phone that is placed behind one's ear and picks up/transfers sound through one's skull bones. So to hear, it sends the sound directly through one's skull to vibrate the inner ear bones and to speak, it would pick up the vibrations in one's skull as one spoke. It wouldn't be worn all the time, though, one must pick it up off a charger, click a button to turn it on, and place it behind one's ear.

There is/was a prototype of a similar phone but i think it could only accept incoming calls where you wear a small thing in your ear ( hardly visable) which is like a hearing aid and a chip is glued/implanted on your tooth which is the microphone for the calls

The story takes place in 250 years, so I'm assuming that the technology that would need to be created would be created by then. Besides, I kind of imagined that the "microphone" that detected the vibrations of the skull as one spoke would be amplified via a computer algorithm that cleared up noise in order to make the coversation as high-quality as possible.

It sounds like a good idea, but I think the voice interface maybe a downfall of it. We are so use to typing in stuff, it might be hard for people to adjust to the voice interface. The other thing is I think its easier and more accurate to input data via typing instead of speaking it out. Lets say you say "John", the voice program once it converts it over to text may think you said "Pohn", instead of "John". <_< This theory is actually leading to my theory that we are going to have Cell Phone so small we are going to have them implanted into our heads. :ph34r:

Well a computer may be able to learn accents. It can already do it partially, but some things will never be completely replaced in my opinion. For example, keyboards. They may be replaced eventually but not anytime in the near future. Why? Privacy. I know that I would much rather click away at my keyboard late into the night than keep everyone in the house awake by speaking to it, not to mention broadcasting everything there is for me to say.The same may be the case for phone numbers. Would you really want to shout out someone's name/number to everyone around you in order to call them?

welllet me ask this what would you do with any other thing you loose, that doesnt have a ringer, or somekind of paging system...Yeah youd have to keep after it, and if you missplace it look for it..but im sure things can be, added on like a sensor to it to beep, but either way it was just an idea i was thinking about.