xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Panzer

Beckham Resigns

Yes. After 5 years at the job of captain for the Englishg soccer team. They were recently defeated by Portugal in the Soccer World Cup quater finals , thus ending their World Cup dream. Sven Goran Errikson also resigned, as head coach of the english team, after some media scandals months ago.The reason England lost (in my opinion) was that Wayne Rooney got sent off, a yellow for a stamping offence and then a red for arguing.

i think the english were lucky they got taht far. in my opinion, england has nice players they just don't know how to play.. and they do need a better coach than the one they got..nd good taht he got fired. and Rooney asked to be left, u don't kick a person like that...but they had no chance anyways so the better team won it. maybe next time england can do better and actually have another forward to go with rooney, crouch can't do much except that he's tall.

Rooney was targeted by the Portugese players before the match started, Ronaldo even headbutted him before kickoff, & clearly said he was going to get him sent off. As for the actually kicking incident, Ronaldo ran a full 40 yards waving his arm around trying to influence the referee into producing a card. Hardly sportsman like, & I sincerely hope Portugal get knocked out in the next game.As for Beckham - granted he takes a good free kick, & can deliver pinpoint crosses, but he isnt a leader. Gerrard, Neville or Terry would all be better captains.The manager thing confuses me, we get rid of the randy Sven, only to get his number 2 Steve Mclaren. Everyone knows Mclaren was responsible for England's tactics, not Sven, & they blatantly dont work. I cant see the team's performance improving one jot under him.

Edited by Mjay06 (see edit history)

Rooney was targeted by the Portugese players before the match started, Ronaldo even headbutted him before kickoff, & clearly said he was going to get him sent off. As for the actually kicking incident, Ronaldo ran a full 40 yards waving his arm around trying to influence the referee into producing a card.

Yeah, i saw that happen as well and the commentators mentioned it, no suprise. I wonder if Rooney and C Ronaldo will ever get along with each other again in Manchester United.

Beckham is good, even though he's had his bad moments he always seems to pull through.

I dont usually watch football, exept in world cups of course, and I must say I am amazed that Rooney got a straight red.Obviously, the poor guy was in agony, but surely if Rooney didn't mean it, which in my opinion he didn't, then I really do think he should only get a yellow for being careless.