xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Bkag

Dell Computer Problems Need Help.

Weird Door Slam Sounds on studio XPSDell Computer Problems Need Help.

Why does my computer make this sound?Dell Computer Problems Need Help.

I have a Dell XPS One Window Vista Home Premium computer that isAbout 2 years old.  Six months ago the hard drive crashed and had to beReplaced.  Since then when I am using the computer it makes a strangeNoise that sounds like a door slamming shut! It may do this 4-5 timesIn a row and then not make the sound again for awhile.  It doesn'tMatter whether I have 1 window open or 10. It doesn't seem to affectThe way the computer runs but is very annoying.  Has anyone else hadThis experience? 

-reply by Bobbie

-------------

I'mHavin the same prob bobbie...I have no idea what the deal is. I swearIts a backdoor and thats the sound certain trojan backdoors make. CallMe crazy, but I know this door sound isn't from any I'm PROGRAMS cuz IDon't have any. Its so annoying...SO ANNOYING!

Its just likeYou described...Completely random. Sometimes multiple times in a row,Sometimes not for 10mins or so. I hate it so much and it seems NO ONEKnows the solution, or even recognizes the problem we are dealing with.It sucks so bad that I gotta keep hearing these sounds (coming from myPC SPEAKER of all places, not even the desktop speakers). Even afterUnassigning / turning off all sounds in control panel, that doorSlamming crap still happens. I don't think it has anything to do withAny WINDOWS7 settings...I truly believe it's some sort of weird unknownVirus...

-reply by Antoine