xisto Community
WORK

The Many Ways To Bypas File Hosting Annoyances

I've done a lot of research on this subject because it is much more common for people to upload files using file hosting services such as megaupload and rapidshare. They continue to try to push on their premium accounts on to the daily users who don't really want to put up any money for downloading which should be free.So i've compiled a few techniques I've used to bypass the limits of free downloading accounts and leave you feeling just as content with yourself as if you had a premium account.Download Managers:Now with the prominent use of file hosts people have come out with working download managers that bypass image verification and waiting time of those here is the best one i've come accross:Rapget(https://suspended.stablehost.com/):By far the best download manager for file hosting sites. Not only does it bypass the image verification it also supports over 100 file hosts (megaupload and rapidshare for those who use it most) and even automates wait time. So downloading is simple as copying the link to the clipboard.Anonymous browsing (proxy etc.):I have had no luck with using proxies.period. There is no actually working proxy list that you can find on the web. Your best bet is using proxy services. The best by far is https://anonym.to/(then add the dl link here). That on the other hand has worked for me every time.Change your ip:Here are two methods to change your ip in winxp:go to Start-> Runtype cmd.exethen type the following line by line:ipconfig /flushdnsipconfig /release ipconfig /renewnote:i've tried this on multiple machines with different connections and it seems it doesnt work to well with dsl but on the other hand if you have cable this saves alot of time.For experienced users you can also stick those commands in a batch file for easy access.Reset your modem:go to your modem and simple turn it off for 20 secs and turn it back on that should do the trick. The only problem i have with that is it takes atleast 2 more minutes for you to get back online.Those are the methods that have been pretty effective for me. Please leave any comments on whether or not this was helpful

How much I can download from rapidshare with one ip without waiting for hour reset?And Rapget aint bypasing this hour wait? And do auto-waiting for download ready after x seconds"?Anyway, I use this method:Open cp of my DSL modem, click disconnect and connect...

it should be simply set, i asked a computer tecnition, my internet tecnition, and my moms work computer tech if it were possible to change your IP address if you have DSL or cable, and you cannot change your computers IP address unless you have Dial-Up then you have 6-7 different IP addresses that you login under every time you login, but it is impossible to change your IP address for DSL or cable, unless you re-install windows and do the process listed above..

go to Start-> Runtype cmd.exe

you only have to type cmd :)

now, cloaking your IP address with a program is another story, same with changing your wireless routing number, just login to your WIRELESS router and change it... lol but you cant change your IP address unless you have dial up then use the process above for dial up
Edited by Albus Dumbledore (see edit history)

it should be simply set, i asked a computer tecnition, my internet tecnition, and my moms work computer tech if it were possible to change your IP address if you have DSL or cable, and you cannot change your computers IP address unless you have Dial-Up then you have 6-7 different IP addresses that you login under every time you login, but it is impossible to change your IP address for DSL or cable, unless you re-install windows and do the process listed above..you only have to type cmd :)

I suggest somebody fire that tech, since what he told is totally wrong.
On dial-up: Whenever you connect you get an IP, that IP is usually different everytime, depending on what IPs your provider has available at the moment of connection. You don't have 6 or 7 different IPs, that's bollocks.

On dsl and cable two things can happen: either your provider has assigned you a static IP or your provider uses dynamic IP allocation. A static IP as the name says is static, meaning it doesn't change, and everytime you connect you get the same IP. This technique however is rarely used and often providers charge extra if a customer request such a static IP.
Dynamic IP allocation works the same way as with dialup, everytime you connect you get a new IP, based on what your provider currently has available. The main point here is that you need to be disconnected, that means that oftentimes poeple shutdown their pc, but their router is still connected, thus their IP of course doesn't change. Also if you are using a router you effectively have 2 IPs, one identifying your modem on the internet (which is the same for every computer connecting through the same router/modem), and one IP to identify your computer with the router and that one is different for every computer connected to the same router. And btw changing your IP has nothing to do with reinstalling windows.

Also the process listed by WORK only works for you computer's IP, not you router's IP. To disconnect your router/modem you usually need to go to it's control panel or just pull the plug. As soon as you disconnect your actual internet connection (dial-up or dsl or cable)you will get a new IP when you reconnect, unless of course your ISP has assigned you a static address, but which, as I said, is very rare unless you asked for one.
Edited by Blacklaser (see edit history)

And btw changing your IP has nothing to do with reinstalling windows.

your IP address will change whn you re-install windows, so yes changing your IP address will happen in the re-installation of windows, i have re-installed windows over 10 times, and each time i got a new ip address...

On dial-up: Whenever you connect you get an IP, that IP is usually different everytime, depending on what IPs your provider has available at the moment of connection. .

lol, it depends on your provider... i had AOL from when i started with computers, until 2 years ago... and i was only assigned 6-7 one of those two amount of ip addresses to login under each time, it was random which one i got...

your IP address will change whn you re-install windows, so yes changing your IP address will happen in the re-installation of windows, i have re-installed windows over 10 times, and each time i got a new ip address...

lol duh of course... but it has nothing to do with reinstalling windows, there's a number of reasons why you get a new Ip when reinstalling windows, here just the main reasonson dialup:
- you disconnect -> new IP
on dsl/cable:
- because reinstalling windows takes a long time your connection will be closed ISP side for inactivity, which means you get disconnected -> new IP
You also need to distinguish between your computer's IP and your router's IP both can switch without affecting the other one.

try having 2 computers online through a router, then only reinstall windows on one of them while the other one does remain online, when you've finished your IP will still be the same. Reinstalling windows has nothing to do with getting a new IP.

lol, it depends on your provider... i had AOL from when i started with computers, until 2 years ago... and i was only assigned 6-7 one of those two amount of ip addresses to login under each time, it was random which one i got...

Since I don't know how AOL assigns their IPs and since AOL sucks anyways, that might well be true.