xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
CroSpartacus

Problem With My Monitor

I was wondering if someone might know what my problem might be.I have an LCD Monitor and I had it for about 3 years. I'm having some weird problem with it. Whenever the monitor was off and I turn it on with the power button, the green light on the power button starts blinking on and off for 5-10 minutes and then finally the monitor turns on. I have been having this problem for a while and I tried disconnecting the plugs and connecting them back, but the same thing happens. Whenever the monitor is off, and then when I turn it on, all that happens is the power button starts blinking green and off over and over for around 5 minutes until the monitor finally turns on. What might the problem be?

Usually the manual to a monitor will contain a troubleshooting section, detailing what the flashing may mean. Alternatively the monitor may be taking a long time to receive a signal from the PC, and is in a sort of standby mode. Have you tried a different monitor to see what happens? If this monitor does the same thing then you have a problem with your graphics card, but if it comes on immediately then you do have a problem with your monitor. Knowing the manufacturer and model would also help in working out the problem.

It could be the backlight of the LCD.Normally and LCD works with white lamps that are getting filtred with LCD Pannels.There are 3 LCD Pannels (red / green / blue)There is also a CPU in the monitor that checks some things.Maybe your problem is realted with the lamps are taking to much time to generate white light.Or a problem with the power supply of the monitor.Both can be checked by the vendor, or you buy a new one.

One day i turned on the computer, and my LCD moniter was very dim, and the light was blinking. Apperently one of the LCD lights were going bad, like kdr said. unfortunatly, cost me alot to replace <_<. Good luck!

That's a know problem these days , the repair cost is gettings higher these days.The new equipment is getting cheaper.If you have problems with a 17" LCD, it's better to buy a new one because the 17" LCD screen are dumped for very low prices or you can buy a larger one.

if you do decide to buy a new one, save your old one for this really cool idea i found on google. Im not at my home computer where i have the url stored but basically its a way to build your own proffesional quality tv projector, and you need an lcd screen for it. Ill edit this post when i get the URL.