xisto Community
rldowling03

Website Help Please! I really need some help

Ok, My website has been constantly down and not been updated because I am struggling to find the right layout for it. The layout I have at the moment is good and I intend to keep it for now. Anyway my site is http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ and I am looking for some of the following things for my site:

1. General comments and suggestions on it, what i can add, what i need to lose (dont mind the broken links)

2. A popup menu sort of thing so when a user puts their mouse over say "Final Fantasy VII" in the "Coverage" menu, a popup menu appears and gives quick links to most important features of theat like walkthroughs, reviews, fanart, fanfiction, media, etc.

3. A really good font that blends in well and is easy to read, including colors for font, headers etc.

4. I have a problem in the Forums where all the text in the tables are centered in Internet Explorer, but not in Firefox. I am not sure if this is a problem on my computer or something else.

5. Also I am stuck on where to put the menu for when someone will click on a link in the Coverage menu, so I dont know where I should put the menu containing all the content for that item.

6. I am looking for an interactive poll I can add which works like Cutenews does for news, ie. it is uploaded and a snippet of code is added to where you want it placed and it is run in that section of site without leaving the page your on.

7. How should the content be displayed on the page, ie. with the home page, is the news in good place and is title good or should I change it somehow?

A very special thanks to anyone who helps me out in anyway. I am getting very stressed out in the fact I am staying up till 3am every night trying to get all this sorted out, as I dont want to add the content on the pages, as if i change the layout a little bit, it's too much of a hassle to change each page.

Well thanks again to anyone who can help, I am on here anyday so you can post here or PM me.

Ok, My website has been constantly down and not been updated because I am struggling to find the right layout for it. The layout I have at the moment is good and I intend to keep it for now. Anyway my site is http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ and I am looking for some of the following things for my site:
1. General comments and suggestions on it, what i can add, what i need to lose (dont mind the broken links)

2. A popup menu sort of thing so when a user puts their mouse over say "Final Fantasy VII" in the "Coverage" menu, a popup menu appears and gives quick links to most important features of theat like walkthroughs, reviews, fanart, fanfiction, media, etc.

3. A really good font that blends in well and is easy to read, including colors for font, headers etc.

4. I have a problem in the Forums where all the text in the tables are centered in Internet Explorer, but not in Firefox. I am not sure if this is a problem on my computer or something else.

5. Also I am stuck on where to put the menu for when someone will click on a link in the Coverage menu, so I dont know where I should put the menu containing all the content for that item.

6. I am looking for an interactive poll I can add which works like Cutenews does for news, ie. it is uploaded and a snippet of code is added to where you want it placed and it is run in that section of site without leaving the page your on.

7. How should the content be displayed on the page, ie. with the home page, is the news in good place and is title good or should I change it somehow?

A very special thanks to anyone who helps me out in anyway. I am getting very stressed out in the fact I am staying up till 3am every night trying to get all this sorted out, as I dont want to add the content on the pages, as if i change the layout a little bit, it's too much of a hassle to change each page.

Well thanks again to anyone who can help, I am on here anyday so you can post here or PM me.

go to http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ for help

That site sucks dont even exist, I am guessing you meant cyberjunk.net? anyway that site is bad too, got no content. I was oping to get advice from others, not just a website. Is there anyone else at all???

You're right, the font is really hard on the eyes. I think it's just the thinness and longness (words?) of it. Try http://www.dafont.com/de/. They have a lot great fonts ranging from really simple to crazy. The purple color in the navigation is also difficult to see. Maybe try a darker shade or a different color altogether. For the poll and menu, try http://bravenet.com/. They have a mini tools section, in which you can make a bunch of different menus (including ones that fade into the side of the screen and don't take up room) and menus with submenus.

Hope this helps, the site looks like it has potential! :)

SOrry it took soo long but i have been busy.About the site being boring, i know it is as I havent done anything to it yet, I only put it on to give a general Idea of the site.Also I will check out bravenet but i will look for other scripts first as i dont really like Bravenet. For some reason, the link color was different on my laptop than what it was on my desktop computer. But it was a blue.I like this font but i might change either the size or if that dont make it better, i will change the font alltogether. anyone got any ideas of a good font i could use?

I like your site its not bad. however i would loose the pics going down the side of your news there a bit large and it looks a bit repetitive. Keep up the good work

Yes the pics on the news takes up space so the page looks full and te picture will depend on what the news item is about. That pic is my avatar so I put it there for general news

I use a Cable Modem and Firefox and the page takes over 3 minutes to load. I recommend compressing the graphics. Instead of using JPEG graphics, try using some PNG images.

Also, you HTML markup has many errors in it. Do you want me to correct your HTML markup for you?.

Tables can be centered by adding the following piece of code:

<table style="margin:auto">

Add other CSS formatting in there as well.
You can search for Free Interactive Polls and stuff on Google.

I don't really know much about fonts and that area of design so I can't help you there. Maybe get a book from your library about Web Design and/or Desktop Publishing.

That's all I can do so far.

I think the site looks pretty good. I would probably use a different font though. There's nothing wrong with a simple and easy to read font, especially when the site looks so professional anyway.as far as polls go, I just looked into the thing called "advanced poll" that you can install through fantastico here. It seems to have everything you might need in a poll system, you can have mulitple polls and change the templates.