xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
hedzup

Fun Size An attempt to explain the infamous question.

So, chances are you or someone you know has tried to explain why those tiny itty bitty candies are called "Fun Size" and failed, miserably. Well, I'm here to tell you the true reason.Why, you ask? More candy would be more fun, not less candy, you say. Well, you're right, in a sense. But the term "Fun Size" isn't supposed to be the amount of what you eat.It's not how big it is, it's how you use it (not that I even need to use that excuse).You see, these "Fun Size" candy bars are for THROWING. If you get one, you chuck it at one of your friends faces, give them a bloody nose, and start laughing hysterically. Then they're thinking what an idiot you are for giving them candy. But... to their dismay, it's only a "Fun Size" candy, bummer.If you were to throw a normal candy at your friend's face, or... dare I say "King Size," then they would be getting the better end of the deal. Candy can cause only so much damage, after all, so a "King Size" might not even make much more damage then a "Fun Size" candy would.Think of it this way, for 5 bucks you can get what, 100 "Fun Size" candy bars? Or, for the same amount of money, you can get maybe 5 "King Size" candy bars. When you look at it this way, the "Fun Size" candy looks much more fun, as you can get more PPD (Pain Per Dollar).So, in conclusion, "Fun Size" candy bars, are, in fact, more fun than those other, more expensive and inefficient candy bars. They are cheaper, more aerodynamic, leave your friends with little compensation, and you can fit more in your pocket to maximize your PPP (Portable Pain Potential).-----I hope you liked it... I had fun making it :) Anyone else have any theories or possible explanations?

Hmm, so the whole concept of the "Fun Size" is that it is fun to chuck it at your friends! Genious! I was always curious as to why they called it the "Fun Size", and now I know. I can't wait to give all my friends bruises from the never ending chucking of candy bars. I am so excited!!!! :)

LoL, what about fin size chicklets? Those dont look like they could do enough damage, then again maybe they could poke an eye out or two... But yea why would small candy be more attractive, I mean throwing it at stuff is so good and all, but to candy enthusiasts they actually like to eat it. I dont really understand this concept.