xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
td_storm

First Sigs

Text needs alot of work. If you're gonna have it one plain color like that, then try adding anti-aliasing, atleast. There's also way to many images on it just to be a sig. It's more of a collage, with alot of things. Also, the quality is not good at all and the sizing of the image is bad for a sig. It's pretty good for a first...

siotoxin, how did you view his sig, when I click on the imageshack link it just brings me to the main page. It wont let me view the actual sig that he created. I would like to see because I am working on a sig for myself for this site and I want to see the competition I have, lol. Thanks?

advice/thoughts:-text is bad: sharp edges, default, no blending, boring.-your use of transparent images is overused, here, and doesn't go well with the background. a transparent person on a bright blue background...?-background is plain, appears to be the simple cloud filter.-although image placement is symmetrical, it doesn't help at all, there are too many pictures here that don't compliment each other. they seem random and just thrown together.-it is a little big for having little eye appeal. starting off with small sigs (like i did, when i started) is easier, since there is less room to fill and you don't need to feel like you're just throwing stuff together to fill up space.-although not all sigs need a border, this one seems to. to add one, make a new layer, select the whole field with the rectangular marquee tool, then right click on the area, choose stroke, choose inside, 1 px, black, ok. this is just a simple border, experiment a little perhaps with other colors and such.good luck with your sigs and keep making more :)the more you make, the better you will get!