xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kilew

-new Sigs- rate, comment, ignore completely...

ok here goes...1st:-not much to criticize... 5/102nd:-background and render don't match in color/hue. there is also no blending with the render to the background, which there should be some of at least.-text is large, unblended, and attracts too much eye attention... text usually should complement the sig, matching in color perhaps? and not usually being one of the main focuses.-background is plain... no texture/depth at all, really, try brushing or something?-nice cutting out of the render... if you did that, i always have trouble with hair ;)-4/103rd:-to me, it seems like there is too much text here, going in multiple directions, and the glow effect is a tannish color, not really matching the sig background (which it is on), so it looks kind of weird...-yay! a background, but... a little too repetetive, it seems... boring. colors sort-of matching the render, but not really, it looks darker, and less colorful than the render.-render is thrown on, no blending attempt, and it sticks out too much.-the colors don't seem to match, pehaps a "Layer>New Adjustment Layer> Color Balance" would help? that would get the colors matching more, with a little fiddling around.-5/10overrall decent, the first is the best, in my opinion. my style in judging is to focus on the bad, because that is what will help you advance, "good job" won't. keep practicing, try different styles, see which one you enjoy doing and are best at. have fun :)

Thanks for the advice, I just learned how to blend and I tried to--I didn't 'slap on' the renders at all but maybe I accidently changed it? They don't look the same as when I made them...on the Rascal Flatts the text is supposed to be the main thing it's not really a sig but still I appreciate the criticism.