xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Tom

My Newest Design

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/404.png

I was originally going for a sleek, smooth, profesional template. But when I got to the bottom of the template, doing the mian content and the nav boxes, I got kind of bored!! So I just reushed it. That's why it looks quite solid!!

I haven't begun coding it yet too.....so you never know what I could end up having!!

C&C + rating is appreciated!!

Nice layout and I like the colours. Subdued.Only thing I would change is to move the Menu "above the Fold". I have an 800 x 640 monitor and must scroll down to find the navigation. It is reccomended to have the nav links "above the fold", so the user doesn't need to scroll down.

LOL!! I knew I should have done that! When I finished the layout...I had concerns for those with 800x640 res. But seeing as it's a personal site, I assumed that all of my visitors would have higher res. since mainly my friends will be visiting!! I'll fix it up once.....I get the coding done, might make it an expandable menu!! (That is OWNAGE *expandable menus!!*)

Well one thing I did notice was that you used the drop shadow up top while everything else doesn't use it, best situation is to drop the whole drop shadow.Or if you use a somewhat dark grey then you could possibly work with the drop shadow more.Also try to see what kind of gradient effects you can use to spruce it up a bit.

Overall not bad :)10/10 outta ten for the Weeb+bob filler text :(:D lol,but seriously.i'm lookignforward to seeing it all coded and finished so i can review it,but at the moment its looking promising.i really like the header graphic, with the sweeping curves and angel winged-silohuete(sp?)get coding :(

Well one thing I did notice was that you used the drop shadow up top while everything else doesn't use it, best situation is to drop the whole drop shadow.
Or if you use a somewhat dark grey then you could possibly work with the drop shadow more.

Also try to see what kind of gradient effects you can use to spruce it up a bit.

Damn you!! I hoped that no-one would pioint that out about it!! LOL!! Yeah I know that! But I think I'm too lazy to apply it now!! Already halfway through coding!!

Overall not bad :)10/10 outta ten for the Weeb+bob filler text :(:D lol,
but seriously.
i'm lookignforward to seeing it all coded and finished so i can review it,
but at the moment its looking promising.
i really like the header graphic, with the sweeping curves and angel winged-silohuete(sp?)

get coding :(

LOL!! GO Weebl + bob !!