xisto Community
Uentil

What Is Encryption?

Yeah encryption is everywhere on the computer if we didnt have encryption there would be alot of hacking going on and it would be easy for them to do it. I see encryption as something made of that really represents something that has a real value. Just like binary code or your registry on your computer. All those numbers and letters mean something if you can put them together. A good example is your computer registry. If you download a free trial of a program that has 15 days to use it, you can change the date so that you have unlimited time in the registry. I am not saying to try this or that its right to do im just saying its possible. You can change the different numbered codes into something that has value. If you find the code that represents the date value then that code can be changed and then so will the value. Thats just my thought on encryption.

The coding of a clear text message by a transmitting unit so as to prevent unauthorized eavesdropping along the transmission line; the receiving unit uses the same algorithm as the transmitting unit to decode the incoming message.

There are many softwares to encrypt files and folders .
Notice from BuffaloHELP: