xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
CarlU

2006 Fifa World Cup (germany)

Any followers of the 2006 FIFA World Cup here?

I am going for Australia (which is one of the lowest ranked sides in the World Cup)

but their rank doesn't mean much as they scored a tie with ranked 3rd in the world, Holland and defeated European Champions, Greece recently. Our first match is against Japan, the other teams in our group are Croatia and Brazil.

I don't usually follow football/soccer since it isn't that popular in Australia, but when it comes to international soccer/football I am all for it.

So what team are you backing?

im with brazil since 94 , not because they had played in every final since then and won 2 titles but i simply love how they play and all their players are my favourites from goalie to forwards .. they never stop creating world class palyers , im simply crazy with brazil ,but i have a soft spot for argentina too and they are my second favourites , lol my favourites hardly disappoint me

Australia is my team in football. I am living in Japan so It will be a great night tonight when we play Japan. The Japanese media thinks Australia will lose and the Australian media thinks Australia will win. So lets just wait 12 more hours and find out.

Very nice victory by Australia last night (AEST time at the time of posting) in the World Cup, although the Ref's performance would be under question from both nations.

I am going for Italy all the way!!!! Been supporting them since i was 8 and im still loving it. They had a disappointed tie today against the USA, but they will bounce back. Yeah I know, i should support my own country, but Italy is just so awesome at the game!!!

That Australia v Brazil match was a good match for most of the game, scoreless in the first half with some chances from both sides. Since I was going for Australia I was hoping at best a draw, but Brazil were simply that good on the day, but congrats on the australians for holding the brazilians back in the first half. Bring on Croatia :)

I haven't watched many of the world cup matches this year, but I have watched a couple, especially the England matches, as I live in England so I am supporting my home country.I feel that Sven Goran Erikkson, our manager hasn't handled our squad very well this year. He's placed this attacker guy who hasn't really played a premiership match, so he can't be very good at a national match.Also, now our attacker, Michael Owen, has been injured, we haven't really got anyone decent up front. Admittedly, we've got Wayne Rooney up there, but I still don't think he's fit enough to be relied on like he is. He's only been back from a 6 week injury since like last week, he needes to still work on his match fitness.I personally feel Argentina are in with a chance of winning the world cup this year, as I don't think Brazil are on a very good form and are certainly not playing as well as they did in the last couple of world cups.The final will probably be Argentina vs Brazil though, as Brazil tend to play well even when they're not on form.The world cup should get quite interesting now, as we're through to knockout so everyone knows that if they lose they will get knocked out. They'll be playing their best so they stand a chance of winning!