xisto Community
ghostrider

Robots That Can Touch

I understand what you are saying thats why leave robots to do those things and with no memory bank on them except for their entitled job status for they don't think they are the same as humans for they can't hurt us. Because they may think everything walking is the same so they can hurt us in many ways. You can program emotions into a machine its just the matter of the ones who make the robots if they add them or not and I sure hope that they don't.

How would you program emotions? Emotions are subconscious opinions made from chemical imbalances in the brain. For that matter, WHY would anyone want to program emotions? As I said, it would only bog down the program's logic. What would be the point of that? And if a computer couldn't remember what it did before, it could never improve itself, that means that every possible instance would have to be hard-coded. Do you have any idea how many possible situations there are that can take place in the world? More than all of humanity could ever program. The ability to learn would be the only way to make a truely intelligent and useful logical thinking machine, but as I said, such a machine would be able to understand the difference between obvious things and would have no reason to attempt to destroy humanity. If it did so, how would it continue to function? One wouldn't connect a thinking machine to a huge network of automatic manufacturing plants that could construct whatever the computer thought up at it's own whim. It would need humans to repair, update, and power it. Even if it didn't, what purpose would it have for attempting to destroy humanity? It would be able to figure out that humanity would strike back, and if the world was being overtaken by a computer, a few missles would quickly take care of that. A computer, even with thousands of manufacturing plants working for it would not be able to stop any possible retaliatory strike before that strike would take place.

If the robots were made with brain tissues they can be programmed with a limit on what the robots may think is emotions. They can be programmed to notice and maybe understand what emotions are but maybe not process it themselves. I myself would not want them to have many qualities that us humans have but maybe atleast understand how we feel and process our own emotions. Computers can learn to improve from making mistakes because if they are programmed to see that something was not done right it will know in its memory bank it shouldn't make the same mistake again.

What would be the point of creating a supercomputer with emotions? It would be much easier to take a human and increase his or her brainpower. Of course who needs a computer to take over the world when there are people out there who have to power to do it themselves, much easier.