xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
PmH

England Vs. Paraguay world cup 2006

England have won the match 1-0 against Paraguay but I'm not quite satisfied with that kind of win. As an England fan myself I expect them to be more aggressive and win impressively like Germany did in the first game itself. Win is a win but with that kind of level I'm afraid our England team may not go very far. Let's hope they will improve their game next time.The only goal scored was Gamarra's own goal off David Beckham's free kick. It was Gamarra who deviated the ball with his header that cheated the goalkeeper and it was the only goal of the match. It was within 10minutes of the play as well.

As you say, a win is a win. Really we should have done better and we had plenty of opportunities to score, but the team was just intent on trying to send the ball into orbit! Beckham seemed to be the only one who could keep the ball anywhere near level with the goal.We really need to improve and play more forcefully for our next game if we are going to get anywhere.Still, it's nice to see people flying the flag!