xisto Community
glamour_trash

Are They're Any Punk (hardcore) Fans Out There? I mean real punk, like crass, the casualties, the misfits etc

(oh and wash that makeup off your face girly-man)

Its funny you say that cause metal and hard rock and many other genres wear makeup.

^ hah i like that
as long as the bands dont become to popular and start making money, i tend to like them

for instance, the casualties : Years ago, they were one of the most awesome punk bands around, and more and more theyre sounding like everything else, even singing about how cool it is to be a punk, yeah sorry jorge but it aint working

another example afi : one of my favorite bands until recently i heard a new song by them and honestly though man i hate fall out boy, only to realize it was afi :):) yeah that sucks <<

woooh punk bands... the ramones, casualties marliyn manson?????!! the closest thing i know when it comes to punk is fall out boy greenday etctera etctera and those "punk pop" scum shall never die NEVER!!!!!!!!

I like Green Day, in fact I loved American Idiot, and I like some, very few songs by Simple Plan and Good Charlotte, but I don't call myself a Punk or say that I listen to Punk just 'cause of these bands. There are loads of other bands I listen to. Apart from the old Punk legends like Ramones, Misfits, and many other underground bands which didn't even make it to as popular as the other 2 were!Nowadays, the only 2 somewhat popular bands I think can be called Punk are Anti-flag and Rise Against, the entire "emo" thing kinda pisses me off, not that I have anything against them, just that I don't like their attitude towards life and the way they are misunderstood for Punks...But now, after all this Emo *BLEEP* has pissed off just too many Punks, there are loads of underground bands coming back, in a few years I think people will be able to actually say that Punk is not dead.'til then, Emo and Pop-punk has killed Punk...

fall out boy greenday etctera etctera and those "punk pop" scum shall never die NEVER!!!!!!!!

haha Fall Out Boy is just not punk at all. It's Alternative and Rock kinda Pop. Greenday used to be kinda punk and if you noticed they all die.

Also i dont see many punk bands, or the good ones i have heard at least, complain how they are misunderstood. I think you don't know or even listen to punk when you say that. I have made this small list of what the songs I listen to that are punk, actual punk are.

* Killing/beating/whatever Cops
* Being drunk
* Being high
* Sex
* Politics (this is the most common)
* War
* Unity (Pro-Gay, Anti-Racist, Pro-Choice, etc)

those are the top subjects of my punk and what actual punk is. I dont know what kind of punk you people listen to. Also i have come to find out this extremely annoying thing:

People put the word "punk" to become more popular. To give it more appeal. If they just said Pop guys and girls wouldn't like it. They dont want to say my favorite genre is Pop.

ALSO Punk is NOT DEAD. Punk has never been popular or else it would be called POP! Doesn't anyone here actually listen to punk. Like actual punk. Punk will ALWAYS have less followers then pop and emo and whatever because that's the whole reason punk came out. To be Anti-Popular. That's what punk is all about. Burning flags, killing cops, and saying *BLEEP* you to the president. Wether you like this or not that is what real punk is about. Not about how pretty girls are, how in love you are, how perfect life is because, sorry to burst your bubble, it isnt. They sing about how life actually is. It isnt full of pretty white doves and perfect families.

Sorry to tell you but the world is filled with liars, killers, and scum bags. And they aren't the ones you see on the side of the street. They are the ones you see on TV with suits and ties.

haha Fall Out Boy is just not punk at all. It's Alternative and Rock kinda Pop. Greenday used to be kinda punk and if you noticed they all die.
Also i dont see many punk bands, or the good ones i have heard at least, complain how they are misunderstood. I think you don't know or even listen to punk when you say that. I have made this small list of what the songs I listen to that are punk, actual punk are.

* Killing/beating/whatever Cops
* Being drunk
* Being high
* Sex
* Politics (this is the most common)
* War
* Unity (Pro-Gay, Anti-Racist, Pro-Choice, etc)

those are the top subjects of my punk and what actual punk is. I dont know what kind of punk you people listen to. Also i have come to find out this extremely annoying thing:

People put the word "punk" to become more popular. To give it more appeal. If they just said Pop guys and girls wouldn't like it. They dont want to say my favorite genre is Pop.

ALSO Punk is NOT DEAD. Punk has never been popular or else it would be called POP! Doesn't anyone here actually listen to punk. Like actual punk. Punk will ALWAYS have less followers then pop and emo and whatever because that's the whole reason punk came out. To be Anti-Popular. That's what punk is all about. Burning flags, killing cops, and saying *BLEEP* you to the president. Wether you like this or not that is what real punk is about. Not about how pretty girls are, how in love you are, how perfect life is because, sorry to burst your bubble, it isnt. They sing about how life actually is. It isnt full of pretty white doves and perfect families.

Sorry to tell you but the world is filled with liars, killers, and scum bags. And they aren't the ones you see on the side of the street. They are the ones you see on TV with suits and ties.

Dude, you just took everything out right from my mouth! I'll be in college in a month and then after some months I am willing to form my own punk/hardcore/metalcore (I don't believe in sticking to genres like water-tight containers) band. 'cause it kinda sucks how kids today listen to stuff like blink-182 and call themselves Punk while partying and it's just that it's another form of popularity and not at all Punk. Punk is about being different not forming a clique of your own and willing everyone to follow, you're just creating a parallel Pop cult. And it's not only about the "hate, kill, hate, kill" attitude according to me. I say Punk can also tell people that a better future is possible, socio-political issues can be raised so well with Punk rock! And it kinda sucks how Punk is misunderstood. The way they look is so much stereotyped and laid assumptions on and it kinda feels like others are living in a bubble thinking their life is great and they are good and they transpose all their darkness onto us. I am a straight-edge and some of the people I know who listen to BSB take drugs, smoke and almost everything and still people won't think twice before calling me a nutwreck, a drug-addict and what not but will respect those guys like hell. For years the Indian rock circuit had only metal and metal bands, all cover and tribute bands, lately some bands took it their duty to show the stagnant country and new face of music. Now we have some great original metal bands here and some are even going to tour with Children of Bodom after some years! And even some Punk (lately, India was still unknown to Punk) and Alternative bands. I only know of 2 good Punk bands throughout the country, and it kinda sucks. It just gives me so much motivation to form a PUnk band of my own and help rock 'n' roll in general in India. All for the love of rock! :D Punk is not dead if a country like India can still have good Punk rock bands, it's just again sleeping I guess, and we need more bands to wake Punk up and make Pop-punk and Emo and all that *BLEEP* dead!

And the last line just makes so much sense!

Wait, you mean From First to Last isn't punk? OMG, I'm gonna kill myself now. >.< j/kPunk bands aren't supposed to be well known, they're supposed to be non-conformist and build a small group of loyal followers in an organic fashion from grass roots using cutting edge technology or completely antiquated means or a weird mixture of both. But they are out there.

to sylenzednuke:

I want to be in a punk band also and I wouldn't even try to put a genre on it because I have written a lot of songs and if you are interested you can read the lyrics. They are punk as well as way funny! They put punk on there band names to make $$$. I salute NOFX and Leftover Crack the most because they are extremely popular in the punk world and they dont go to any corps or music bussiness to make more $$$. Leftover Crack the most though. They actually dropped a music deal because the wouldnt let them put the name Shoot the Kids at School on the cover of their album.

Punk bands aren't supposed to be well known, they're supposed to be non-conformist and build a small group of loyal followers in an organic fashion from grass roots using cutting edge technology or completely antiquated means or a weird mixture of both. But they are out there.

Exactly. So when you say its dead it actually is supposed to. If you think its alive then they screwed up... badly.

Wait, you mean From First to Last isn't punk? OMG, I'm gonna kill myself now. >.< j/kPunk bands aren't supposed to be well known, they're supposed to be non-conformist and build a small group of loyal followers in an organic fashion from grass roots using cutting edge technology or completely antiquated means or a weird mixture of both. But they are out there.

It's not that Punk bands aren't supposed to be "well known", Ramones, Clash, CRASS all are well known, so you mean to say that makes them un-Punk? The problem lies when Punk bands get into the Popular Culture and turn their heads to Money-minting record labels and change their mind-set. That is when the problem arises. When Punk bands start supporting the Popular Culture mind-set, all useless songs with no meaning, trends and all, that's when the problem arises. I don't even care that Rise Against are so well known, they rock, bands like Rise Against, Bane and Anti-flag are keeping Punk alive and that's what matters to me.

to sylenzednuke:
I want to be in a punk band also and I wouldn't even try to put a genre on it because I have written a lot of songs and if you are interested you can read the lyrics. They are punk as well as way funny! They put punk on there band names to make $$$. I salute NOFX and Leftover Crack the most because they are extremely popular in the punk world and they dont go to any corps or music bussiness to make more $$$. Leftover Crack the most though. They actually dropped a music deal because the wouldnt let them put the name Shoot the Kids at School on the cover of their album.
Exactly. So when you say its dead it actually is supposed to. If you think its alive then they screwed up... badly.

Oh, I would definitely LOVE to have a look at those lyrics. For the time I have just written paragraphs and one-liners on Punk sub-culture and the various aspects of it. I agree, I mean why people prefer Avril Lavigne over Britney Spears? Because Avril claims she's Punk! I don't really see an iota of difference in Avril and Britney. I actually have a little respect for Britney. She accepts she's an idiot while Avril doesn't and Toxic has an addictive bass-line. :D I see kids sticking awful names to themselves everyday in and around me and it kinda just pisses me off badly. I've heard alot about NOFX and Leftover Crack but for some reason could never get my hands onto their music. I will try downloading some soon.

If you want some Leftover Crack I can give you as much as you want. I have talked to them a few times and they dont care if i give out CDs and stuff. They are awesome guys. So yah I can give you a zip folder of all the songs I have of them (about 3 cds worth) if you want them or just the best of.

OK well here are the links - name - style of punk song

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ - American Revolution - Political

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ - Johnny's Song - About a teen and mother abused by his dad

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ - 123 Push - Humor

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ - Broken Down - About a girl

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ - Twisted America - Political

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ - F***ers in Blue - About Cops

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ - Cureless Disease - About having an incurable disease

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ - Somethings Wrong Here - political

So tell me what you think :D

Edited by BooZker (see edit history)

I like some of the Punk and Hardcore genres, but I hate the scream-o music thats unfolding. Scream-o bands, in my opinion, are just a metal like band, but can;t sing, so instead frantically yell and scream (hence the name), into the microphone.

I can't believe there are no punk forums on here! Are they're any punk fans out there?

ah yes TSOL, True Sons Of Liberty! great band! didn't one of the members of The Vandals use to play for TSOL?
someone told me that.. i have yet to confirm that story!

what is punk? and what do we consider punk.. is it really an attitude, is it a way of life? do we all just fade out young?ah the sterotypes..do we have to wear a uniform to be considered a punk? do we turn an ideal a pure ideal into a fashion show?punk and what it was to the purest, the truea route or alternative route to channel our anger into a positve way to ley anger out about social change,government, anything goes.. there was never rules when punk was made.. who made it first? The Britts or America?maybe it was born because it was meant to be.. because people got tired of this long drawn out music trend going on during the 70's.. this senseless agonizing, yawner of a music gendra goin on.. change was about to happen in form of built up anger.. and that's punk!hmm bands i consider punk.. 1st generation sh*t.. 70's.. then came the age of the "Stomp on the New Wavers!!!" ahh the 80's.. and yes finally in 1989.. punk officially went underground.. and 90's brought out pop-punk.. so now thaat we're all upto date here.. anyone wanna pot latest gigs around the world? start a new forum topic?