xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
AlternativeNick

One For Laughs and one to think about

Firstly, this could really be used for anything, from generating power, to the perpetual motion topic i see below, to just plain entertainment.First of all, think about what always lands on its feet ( a cat )Next, what always lands butter side down? ( bread/toast )so the key to unlimited energy/perpetual motion/the universe is this >Duct tape a piece of buttered toast to the back of a cat, with the butter facing away from the cat.Drop the cat/toast thing from a height of approxiametly 3 ft ( higher for more entertaining results)Since the cat MUST land on its feet, and the toast HAS TO land butter side down, the combination will cause en everlasting spin, which could be used to drive generators, or just for a good laugh.=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=A real idea : I know everyone here has had some sort of problem with cup holders in their car. i was thinking today, and i think this could be done very inexpensively. What it would require is a small inner tube like object that could be inflated and would fit around most fast food cups and inside a cupholder when fully inflated. Also, a sensor to tell when the cup is being set down/lifted up.When the cup is lifted, the sensor would tell the inner tube to deflate because the cup is going straight up, not at an angle. Then, when it is set back into the cupholder, the inner tube will redeflare, holding it there.

Lol. Nice one, I think I feel sorry for the cat though. But the bigger one would win, I bet the cat would stop the spin. Also, while they were falling, they would hit the ground sometime, would they land on their side? The only way to make them keep spinning is to suspend them in the air. :rolleyes: this is making me sick, thinking about all the spinning. Thanks for the laughs :lol:

:rolleyes: I never thought of that...but it might just work. Since those are laws of nature, they cannot be broken *does alot of math calculations* Yes! You done it! By Trap, you've solved the energy crises!

Ok, seriously now. The laws of physics out way the laws of of old wives tales, but it was a rather amusing thought. :lol:

A real idea : I know everyone here has had some sort of problem with cup holders in their car. i was thinking today, and i think this could be done very inexpensively. What it would require is a small inner tube like object that could be inflated and would fit around most fast food cups and inside a cupholder when fully inflated. Also, a sensor to tell when the cup is being set down/lifted up.
When the cup is lifted, the sensor would tell the inner tube to deflate because the cup is going straight up, not at an angle. Then, when it is set back into the cupholder, the inner tube will redeflare, holding it there.

Ok...I missed this one, sorry about that AlternativeNick. :rolleyes:

Anyway to me I haven't had a problem with my cup holders in my car, but with how funky cup designs are getting now the inner tube idea might come in handy. The only problem is, if the inner tube inflates enough to get secure the cup in place, it may inflate too much making it impossible to move it up to activate the sensor. I hope I'm understanding your problem your trying to solve. :lol:

Hey great ideas. That is really funny. Although the butter might not always land butter side down. lol. Then you would just have to take a break from laughing and restart. lol

Okay, here's an idea....1) The United States digs a moat along the Southern States, the length of Mexico.2) We take all of the dirt, and build up the levees around New Orleans, really high.3) We wait for hurricane season to fill the moat with rainwater.4) We take all of the Florida alligators, and put 'em IN the moat!Now how many problems would that solve?LOL//Captain.Jerry/

Hows about two identicle pieces of buttered toast?And as far as the cupholder idea goes, it's a great one and would greatly decrease the amount of accidents that occur when one spills one's coffee on one's self. But I'm too young to know about that, can't drive yet -.-

Okay, here's an idea....

1) The United States digs a moat along the Southern States, the length of Mexico.

2) We take all of the dirt, and build up the levees around New Orleans, really high.

3) We wait for hurricane season to fill the moat with rainwater.

4) We take all of the Florida alligators, and put 'em IN the moat!

Now how many problems would that solve?

Hi Posted Image Haven't run across you before.

Now this sounds like a good idea. If only mother nature would co-operate, which she probably will eventually. One problem I see is it would polute the Rio Grand and the environmentalists would have a field day with that one. As well the animal rights activists would be defending the alligators. But it is a cool idea anyway CaptainJerry.

I agree with matto on the 2 pieces of toast. That would save the poor cat from harm.

May I ask what's the significance of "Captain" ?

Edited by Mich (see edit history)

Hi Posted Image Haven't run across you before.

Now this sounds like a good idea. If only mother nature would co-operate, which she probably will eventually. One problem I see is it would pollute the Rio Grand and the environmentalists would have a field day with that one. As well the animal rights activists would be defending the alligators. But it is a cool idea anyway CaptainJerry.

I agree with matto on the 2 pieces of toast. That would save the poor cat from harm.

May I ask what's the significance of "Captain" ?

Hi Mich... I'm new! Yeaaayyyyy (but not new to Groups by any means, I've run several MSN Groups, and Manage somewhere around 7 Tech Support boards around the Internet!)

Here's the story of my "Captain" prefix...

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Thanks for asking :-)

//Captain.Jerry/

I've heard that cat and toast story plenty-a-times, it's not original. But the cup-holder idea would be great, also, to solve that 'over-inflating' problem, it could possibly weigh/ measure the cup to know how much to inflate it.

yes yes i know that the cat story isnt original, i just thought it would be good for a few laughs, and if you take out the cat and just use 2 pieces of bread, there wouldnt really be a whole lot of fun in it now would there? can you honestly say you would sit and watch 2 pieces of bread spin around in the air together? but add a cat in there, pop up some popcorn, and thats entertainment :rolleyes:

also, wolves i think that would be a great idea

it could possibly weigh/ measure the cup to know how much to inflate it.

yes yes i know that the cat story isn't original, i just thought it would be good for a few laughs, and if you take out the cat and just use 2 pieces of bread, there wouldn't really be a whole lot of fun in it now would there? can you honestly say you would sit and watch 2 pieces of bread spin around in the air together? but add a cat in there, pop up some popcorn, and thats entertainment :rolleyes:
also, wolves i think that would be a great idea

How about using two cats, duct taped back to back?!? Now that would be something to watch! Hey! I've got two cats! "Here *****, *****, *****, come to Daddy!" ROFL -- Naaa, better not, my wife would kill me, and I live in SoCal so I might start a new fad, kinda like freeway windshield shootings! D'oH!