xisto Community
brainless

Random Acts Of Violence ...and nothing but violence to stop it?

Today was one of the few days in the last month I was really able to enjoy but close to the end of it, some punk named "Rabbit" spoiled it all :lol:

I've spent the weekend at the local Youth Media Camp and met some great people, today was the camp's last day and I left early to reach a "Stop Deportation"-demonstration in time for reports from a local refugee camp (the situation in there seems to be very, very bad; stuff like that would be called "unacceptable" in a prison - spoiled food, families completely separated for several weeks, doctors who refuse to treat severe but treatable sicknesses, ...) which was color- and powerfull since refugee camps are something not everyone in Germany dislikes (whereas there are thousands on the streets to protest against Nazi marches, most just stand around somewhere to say they've been on the streets) and after this, a (girl-)friend, let's call her Clara --she doesn't like to be mentioned with her real name-- of mine planned to stay over at my new flat to have a look at it...

...but when we moved into the City Park to raise some funds to support a camp blocking Germany's second-largest refugee camp (including toys and games for the children, nice food for everyone, some docs offering free treatment to the refugees, ...) and it was all nice and fine, eventually we met a friend of Clara's who offered her a free ride home (instead of a 20 bucks bus ticket). While we were sitting in the grass, some punk named "Rabbit" thought it would be cool to put a knot in my beard. He didn't understand the meaning of "no", "No", "NO!", "stop that" and "<bleep>* man, you hurt me" and even when I twisted his fingers he did not stop. After what seemed like half an endless time to me (Clara told me that it all happened too fast for her to realize what happened), one of his buddies jumped in to rescue me, kicked his steel-capped boots into Rabbit's leg and yelled that he was sorry for Rabbit's behavior and we should try to get away. Imagine how it feels to be pulled up from the ground by a strain of hairs about one inch (2.5cm) in diameter...

* sorry, I couldn't help swearing at that time, I bleeped it out myself

I detest the use of force against people in any way and I fear that I'll hate me for twisting this guy's fingers but if I hadn't done it, he would probably have ripped my beard off my chin and ... well ... I just had to get this written down somewhere since Clara took the chance for a free ride home anyway and there's noone I can turn to around here and even if I could reach anyone I know around here they aren't the kind of person I'd feel comfortable to bury my head on but there's always some good advice here :rolleyes:

Edited by brainless (see edit history)

I don't think that you should feel guilty for doing that. Twisting someone's fingers isn't a huge act of violence (no perminate damage, and relativly little pain), and it was in a situation requireing mild self-defence.You seem like a very nice guy who cares deeply about the well being of other people. That's a rarity now adays (in either gender), and so it makes me quite happy to see that other people like you are out there. But you also have to take care of yourself. Don't let people walk all over you. And don't let some obnoxious kid ruin your day with such a trivial incident. Deal with the situation, and then ignore the brat. Focus on all the good things you've accomplished instead. Everyone deserves to be happy, doubly so for nice people.*hug*

i would have punched the guy in the head, violence is the only way some people will listen, its not nice for anyone to do anything to you that you don\'t want them to and if they don\'t listen to you when you tell them to stop you need to do something more. His friend obviously knew that he would only respond to violence and thats why he kicked him.

thanks for the hug gaea, that was exactly what I needed :rolleyes: when we had reached the train station Clara didn't have that much time for me since she noticed that her train was about to leave...even though you are very right, I let incidents like this spoil a day ... this world could be a so much nicer place if everyone cared for other people but sadly many people only care about themselves or, at best, themselves and their friends...

My husband has hit me before out of anger and I did hit him back only because I felt I needed to defend myself.But I don't see the need in an argument resulting in violence. I think if you can't work something out rationally you don't need to be with that person and they don't deserve you in the first place.People honestly need to cool their tempers. Why can't we all just get along!!!!!

Today was one of the few days in the last month I was really able to enjoy but close to the end of it, some punk named "Rabbit" spoiled it all :(

I've spent the weekend at the local Youth Media Camp and met some great people, today was the camp's last day and I left early to reach a "Stop Deportation"-demonstration in time for reports from a local refugee camp (the situation in there seems to be very, very bad; stuff like that would be called "unacceptable" in a prison - spoiled food, families completely separated for several weeks, doctors who refuse to treat severe but treatable sicknesses, ...) which was color- and powerfull since refugee camps are something not everyone in Germany dislikes (whereas there are thousands on the streets to protest against Nazi marches, most just stand around somewhere to say they've been on the streets) and after this, a (girl-)friend, let's call her Clara --she doesn't like to be mentioned with her real name-- of mine planned to stay over at my new flat to have a look at it...

...but when we moved into the City Park to raise some funds to support a camp blocking Germany's second-largest refugee camp (including toys and games for the children, nice food for everyone, some docs offering free treatment to the refugees, ...) and it was all nice and fine, eventually we met a friend of Clara's who offered her a free ride home (instead of a 20 bucks bus ticket). While we were sitting in the grass, some punk named "Rabbit" thought it would be cool to put a knot in my beard. He didn't understand the meaning of "no", "No", "NO!", "stop that" and "<bleep>* man, you hurt me" and even when I twisted his fingers he did not stop. After what seemed like half an endless time to me (Clara told me that it all happened too fast for her to realize what happened), one of his buddies jumped in to rescue me, kicked his steel-capped boots into Rabbit's leg and yelled that he was sorry for Rabbit's behavior and we should try to get away. Imagine how it feels to be pulled up from the ground by a strain of hairs about one inch (2.5cm) in diameter...

* sorry, I couldn't help swearing at that time, I bleeped it out myself

I detest the use of force against people in any way and I fear that I'll hate me for twisting this guy's fingers but if I hadn't done it, he would probably have ripped my beard off my chin and ... well ... I just had to get this written down somewhere since Clara took the chance for a free ride home anyway and there's noone I can turn to around here and even if I could reach anyone I know around here they aren't the kind of person I'd feel comfortable to bury my head on but there's always some good advice here :lol:

for your self defence you did bad!!

you should kick his stomach hard and run away..

this is legal because your just trying to protect yourself.

you can't just stand there and let people abuse you, it's your responsibility to protect your self!

My husband has hit me before out of anger and I did hit him back only because I felt I needed to defend myself.But I don't see the need in an argument resulting in violence. I think if you can't work something out rationally you don't need to be with that person and they don't deserve you in the first place.People honestly need to cool their tempers. Why can't we all just get along!!!!!

He hit you? lol......no offence!