xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
illdevilinc

Microsoft Office 2007

hi everyone,I just downloaded Microsoft Office 2007 Beta 2. My opinion is the new beta is GREAT!!The beta is fully functional, with some bugs but not bad at all! I downloaded the Beta with all programs except one note and all the server things. The beta is very flashy, a lot of eye candy that are just there to look good. But what supprozed me about the beta is the eye candy in this version actually has a purpose. Most of the flashy pop ups or right menus actually have all of the information ready for you. This is mostly in Miscrosoft Office 2007 Outlook. And for the people that use frontpage (like me) Microsoft didnt get rid of it, it is renamed to Microsfot office 2007 Sharepoint Designer. I am very impressed in the improvements in Sharepoint Designer (designed off of frontpage 2003). Frontpage is now very deta accepting, it provides support for PHP, ASP, Sharepoint services, and alot more codes. The forms interact with the coding, and now frontpage helps with it. I am even more impressed by the options menu and the layout. The options menu must have 100's of new options and features. and the Layout is just great! I have had few problems with sharepoint designer. The only thing that can get in the way is the bugs. Like the one that really pisses me off is now you can not put any text on the side of any form. Other then that the Sharepoint designer is great. For Frontpage users, if you upgrade to sharepoint designer you will be impressed. Now with word, im in love with the emailing system they have on there. If you send an email threw word or outlook the features that you have in there almost give you the opertunity to write a book in an email. The layout is just great in all programs they have there. There has been massive changes from 2003 to 2007. The changes will blow your mind. And the layout looks good to (thanks to all the eye-candy). And one more thing about the eye candy, it all looks like alot. But, in reality it does not eat as much resources as you think. It seems to me microsoft has created a beter core in 2007 as well as all the new additions. For all of the other programs i recomend you go to microsofts home page (http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/) and download or read up on the programs. By the way the install speed sucks very badly so make sure you are not using the computer as it will lock up on install for quite a while. To the beta users, good luck with what ever you are using them for,and to the reader's, thank you for reading!illdevilinc

yeah.. i'm pretty sure it takes up a lot of ram because of all graphic and fancy 3D stuff. I saw a few picture of the new window vista, i have to admit that it is really amazing. It seems like microsoft is coming out with fancy stuff that requires awhole lot of computer resources. Did you know that the recommanded requirement for window vista is to have at least 1gb of ram and at least a 128mb graphic card. LOL, that's basically running a game everytime you turn on your computer.Luckly, i just bought at 512 kingston from circuit city for 30 after mail in rebate (hopefully i get the rebate) and i just got another 512 replacement plus a 128.. .hopefully i have enought computer power to run all the new microsoft products.

Yea, The new Microsoft Office 2007, Beta2 takes up more RAM than its predecessors due to the new range of graphics and effects that have been introduced.Although, I must say, that other than changing the layout, I haven't noticed many changes. The core is still the same . They just changed the toolbars (except Outlook) and they changed the graphics.

Yeah i tried the Beta too, its really good. But some of the feature of it somehow seem to be hidden. A lot of exploration of the program is required. But it is really good. specially SharePoint.. its really good.. FrontPage surely seemed to be less powerfull.. but this is the answer to it

Nothing new about Microsoft coming out with yet another resource hog lol. I Will be building a new server in a few months so i appreciate the information. I have to redo my specs now lol.

I like it but have been having a few problems perticuly in excel with graphs. I have also had one problem with word when it currupted the document and i had to retrieve it using winzip and taking it piece by piece, my advice is back up your work as much as possable.When is frontpage 2007 beta coming out?EDIT Ohh i see sharepoint replaces frontpage, is there a way i can download that for free since i have the rest of office beta?

Edited by Bkag (see edit history)

The beta was absolutely great. Because of the new graphics within the Microsoft Office Programs, it will take up a lot of RAM. But regardless, the program has been modified to make it easier for others to navigate through applications such as Microsoft Office Word. So now everyone can come up with a great paper for almost anything. A lot had changed since the last the old Microsoft Office. No one knew how to spruce up their paper because they weren't experts on the given program. All the other options were hidden so no one could use the full potential of the program. But now Microsoft has made it easier for everyone.I found out about the beta from a friend of mine. They told be about the beta-testing for the new Microsoft Applications. So I had signed to test their program and I was impressed.Although there was something missing from the list, Microsoft Frontpage. I heard they switched to Sharepoint but it is my first time using something like Microsoft Frontpage. It's a bit complex to understand at first but it's alright.All the other programs are all at my expectations. Hopefully everyone will get to use the new Microsoft Office 2007.

Hey you are telling of bugs! A normal user(and often the power users) never uses even 30% of the features they give. And bugs are in high level only. Anyway I used the BETA1 version for quite sometime and it was nice. But It has beautiful graphics and hence resource hungry. Anyway I reverted back to Office 2003.

hi everyone,I just downloaded Microsoft Office 2007 Beta 2.
My opinion is the new beta is GREAT!!
The beta is fully functional, with some bugs but not bad at all!
I downloaded the Beta with all programs except one note and all the server things.
The beta is very flashy, a lot of eye candy that are just there to look good. But what supprozed me about the beta is the eye candy in this version actually has a purpose. Most of the flashy pop ups or right menus actually have all of the information ready for you. This is mostly in Miscrosoft Office 2007 Outlook. And for the people that use frontpage (like me) Microsoft didnt get rid of it, it is renamed to Microsfot office 2007 Sharepoint Designer. I am very impressed in the improvements in Sharepoint Designer (designed off of frontpage 2003). Frontpage is now very deta accepting, it provides support for PHP, ASP, Sharepoint services, and alot more codes. The forms interact with the coding, and now frontpage helps with it. I am even more impressed by the options menu and the layout. The options menu must have 100's of new options and features. and the Layout is just great! I have had few problems with sharepoint designer. The only thing that can get in the way is the bugs. Like the one that really pisses me off is now you can not put any text on the side of any form. Other then that the Sharepoint designer is great. For Frontpage users, if you upgrade to sharepoint designer you will be impressed. Now with word, im in love with the emailing system they have on there. If you send an email threw word or outlook the features that you have in there almost give you the opertunity to write a book in an email. The layout is just great in all programs they have there. There has been massive changes from 2003 to 2007. The changes will blow your mind. And the layout looks good to (thanks to all the eye-candy). And one more thing about the eye candy, it all looks like alot. But, in reality it does not eat as much resources as you think. It seems to me microsoft has created a beter core in 2007 as well as all the new additions. For all of the other programs i recomend you go to microsofts home page (https://www.microsoft.com/de-de) and download or read up on the programs. By the way the install speed sucks very badly so make sure you are not using the computer as it will lock up on install for quite a while.
To the beta users, good luck with what ever you are using them for,
and to the reader's, thank you for reading!
illdevilinc

yes, i've tried it month before, yes the interface is definitely cool and beautiful, but it cost too much RAM, on my computer when i turn on it, i can run other programms any more, my memory size is: 256Megabytes. so terrible ... so i uninstalled it and remain to use office 2003

While I think change is usually a good thing and for the better, I think Office was the one thing that had the interface down. It was pretty clean, everything was easy to find. Now they add a little button and then everything else is dynamic, which sounds good on paper, but is really just an annoyance. The worst part is that there is no option to go back to the old interface. I was all for Vista's new interface changes, but Office's new changes look like they were catered to the people who don't know what they're doing, and just want a dumbed down GUI to "make it easier".

I'm not a power user of any software, so in my opinion I just like the eye candy. If the software has a lot of features, but looks ugly (cough spybot search and destroy cough) then I don't really like it. But if the features are reasonably packed, and the eye candy is lovely, than I would choose it amongst other software.

I am with dooga it's always good to update things with a graphic or two but seriously vista is so resource eating it's not even funny. Even though my laptop is compatible to handle vista I don't think it can :).although I am somewhat interested about Office 2007 but again what really has change?A small amount of code has changed to make it work on Vista ooooh I want to blow $400 for that :rolleyes:The only other change would have to the eye candy...YawnWhat should have been worked which I highly doubt was the dictionary and the spell checker. I used it enough times to know that the spell checker was the best thing to have but it still had it's bugs.But I guess we will see what happens when the 20 million updates start showing up.