xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
True2Earn

How To Protect Your Adsense Account and never worry about accidentally clicking on your own ads

Have you ever worried about accidentallay clicking on your own Adsense ads? Ever worry that someone in your family or a friend might happen upon your website and click on your ads? It can happen and it can get your account shut down quick. Here is what I do so I never have to worry about it. As I am using windows 2000 I will use that for this example. Windows 98, Me and XP would be similar, you'd just have to find the location of the files and edit the batch file using the full path names.The first thing is to locate the file named "hosts" in your system files. There is no file extension on this file. On Windows 2000 it is located in {X}:\winnt\system32\drivers\etc folder, where {X} is whatever drive your OS is located. Next download the attached zip file extract the _host file and copy it to this folder. Finally, to make this easy, extract the included Batch file from the zip named hosts.bat and save it to a place where it will be secure. The batch file is what enables/disables this function.Once all the files are in place, simply double-click the hosts.bat file to toggle the effect. Now, when you go to a website that has Adsense or Chitika none of the ads will appear. They have been remapped to the loopback address, 127.0.0.1 whch disables the ads. To re-enable the ads, just double-click on the hosts.bat file and they will toggle back on.No longer do you have to worry about someone getting on your coputer and clicking away on your ads (unless you left the hosts.bat file lying around).Both files have been zipped below.

Very useful contribution. Google adsense is very important for all types of webmasters from webmasters in big companies to the webmasters in small companies or even just a single person. In drupal there is option when an admin logged in to his site the google ads are not visible anymore. That's the best option I've known so far. Earlier I used to disable javascript in my PC if I'm afraid that my family members may click google adsense by mistake but later on I just told them not to <- snipped -> so I don't need to disable. But some friends and visitors may still do it. So, I will use this one from now on..Thanks a lot for the contribution.}

I have a firewall that somehow blocks every viewable advertisement.. so I have had no trouble with that. I got a warning about it once though, they said to review the rules and if there is any further trouble I would be banned, but that was when I was doing major editing on my website, and I don't even see them anymore :rolleyes:. I'm getting my first check from Google in a few days -- $1058! I can't wait until I get it.. hehe.