xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
FLaKes

Help! Email Service With 20+meg Attachment I need help with finding an email service

Hello, I would like to know if any of you all know of a free email service that lets you send an email with an attachmentent that is around 20 - 25 megs. in size. The reason for this is because Im entering a contest in which I will send a multimedia program made in flash, and thats what the size is going to be around when I finish it later today, so it cant be one of those places were you upload a file and people download it, it has to be more personal. Please help, I have to send it before 12 am tomorrow. Thanks.

Edited by FLaKes (see edit history)

Thanks, I hope that the file ends up at 15 MB, or less, I will try that xasamail.com out.

I would suggest, that you put it in a zip file and use Gmail, I know that they allow more than 10 MB to send in a e-mail, I have sent lots of files, let me check on that with the Gmail Support Team. I will post a reply here to see what they tell me and stuff.

I went to the GMail Help Center to see the exact size of attachments here is a quote from their FAQ:

What's the maximum attachment size?With Gmail, you can send and receive messages up to 10 megabytes (MB) in size. However, the precise amount allowable will depend on the attachment.

When you add an attachment, the size of a file may increase because transport encodings are automatically added. (Transport encodings are the information that allows your message to be safely sent and read.)

This means that in some cases, attachments that are 6 to 10MB in size may push the total message size above 10MB. When this happens, Gmail displays a warning that your message exceeds the 10MB limit.