xisto Community
viterbi209

Deleting A Database

to explain it a tad better do the following steps1. Go into phpmyadmin2. Select your DB that you want to drop3. Now looking at the tabs its the last one on the right and click it4. Select Yes and your set.

It is in phpmyadmin. You see the left hand column there? You should select the root of the database and delete it by dropping all of them or by running a sql command. Alternatively, you may also delete it in cPanel. There is a database management tab where you can add users and delete users, add table etc. You can delete the whole database there too.

hi, thanks for everybodies responses. I tried looking under cpanel->mysql admin and the database that i'm trying to delete isn't listed, but under phpadmin it is listed as 'test'. I tried issuing a 'drop database test' command under phpadmin but it returned with a popup window that says 'DROP DATABASE commands are disabled'. Another funny thing I noticed was that in phpAdmin where it says create new database...right underneath that it says no privileges. Any ideas?Also under phpAdmin, after I select the 'test' database the last tab on the right is operations. Is this right? I couldn't find where to drop/delete the database.

hi, thanks for everybodies responses. I tried looking under cpanel->mysql admin and the database that i'm trying to delete isn't listed, but under phpadmin it is listed as 'test'. I tried issuing a 'drop database test' command under phpadmin but it returned with a popup window that says 'DROP DATABASE commands are disabled'. Another funny thing I noticed was that in phpAdmin where it says create new database...right underneath that it says no privileges. Any ideas?
Also under phpAdmin, after I select the 'test' database the last tab on the right is operations. Is this right? I couldn't find where to drop/delete the database.

I have the same database, I cannot seem to be able to delete it. I just dropped all the tables and I leave it alone.. :)

Must be an issue with permissions. If I remember correctly, the settings are configured in the phpmyadmin.ini file, although I can't be too sure - the point is that there is little you can do about it unless you can persuade the company into changing the default settings - which I wouldn't advise very much, because if things are the way they are, there's a reason :)There is a link in your control panel, usually to the left of the link to phpmyadmin (not too sure, however), called "MySQL databases" or something to that effect. Clicking on it should give you a list of all databases and associated operations. Hit the trashcan for whatever database you want to delete ;)Hope this helps!As always, ping back if you have any issues...