xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kylelnsn

A Little Job (witt Credits Attached) can some one help me out for a reward

Okay guys me and my best friend are making a website selling ebooks for heavily dicounted prices, theres just the problem that we have 30000 ebooks to post on the site, so for 5-10 credits can some one do this its quite specific but hey if u want the credits then you will have a go p.s if i get more credits then you may get even more!!!okay so the site i ahev created rocks and i need a script or a way of admins easily adding more books liek a kinda form that i can fill out and then the ebook will be put into the site in order wiht around 10-15 to a page, oaky this is what i need:Name:Picture:Description:Price:Notes:Rating:and another box which can be left empty for later use,this must be on a seperate panel whcihc is only accesable by the administrators with password, this must be really flexable and must be easily editable, all entries to be pmed to me, also winner will have a small banner at the bottom of my site for 1 month linking to their site, any more details pm me as i want it to be a personal experiance, the books must be editable by admin, the site must be brilliant, it is possible to send my site theme and tempalte so you cna build it around this any problems q's and fings then pm me please,ok so in summary i need a raelly cool site that is easily customizable all details posted above, one other thing the credit boundary has been extended to aroudn 20 credits as i now realise that this is a big job and anyone who takes it on deserves and medal, so thanks guys and im begging please help me help help help, pm for any other stuff you require and good luck guys and gals, thanks

For your best bet, since you wanted customization I would try: http://forums.oscommerce.com/ You can install it through Fantistico on your Cpanel here at Xisto. Or you can try Cube Cart or Zen Cart. Sorry, I can't code anything, but seriously give Os Commerce a look, and then have somebody at there site do what you wanted, or you can look for add ons or mods for it.

Now about your little listing, I think you could become creative and have it tie in to that program, or use the fields with that program, and see what it does. I have no first hand experience with any of there programs.

okay thanks for this, that sounds good juts that i have my temp[late and i really wana use that so maybe i will join that forum adn ask millions of questions, although the deqal is still on here if anyone wishes to attempt it??? this is the answer i have had twice now so it seems not to be possible for anyone??? dont worry if u cant do it buit if someone can then that would be really awsome, do you think there is a way to have the site and have os commerce running in the centre table have like a cut down version of some sort, does anyone know if oscommerce is very customizable and does anyone here use it??thanks for all the help nad wish me lukc on my journy of discovery lol, anyways i gotta go sign up for it now so that i can get on it right away as my business partner expects me to have the site finished and fully working in the next couple of weeks, i will keep you all updated on my prgress and thanks again for all the help i have recieved, right then better get to it then so ill catch up with you guys later then??? see yas all and once again thanks for the help

i need a script or a way of admins easily adding more books liek a kinda form that i can fill out and then the ebook will be put into the site in order wiht around 10-15 to a page, oaky this is what i need:
Name:
Picture:
Description:
Price:
Notes:
Rating:
and another box which can be left empty for later use,

That's what he needs. He wants a form where he could just input all of this info and it will put it on his site for him instead of just coding every single one of them in by coding every one. It makes it a lot easier for the input and saves a lot of time.

I could incorporate your template into an existing shopping cart system. but I would have to talk to you about details. pm me I'll give you my # or skype.

cool its starting to look up now, thiis is going rather well, thanks boys and girls for the help and i hope that we cna get this done as soon a poss, because it should rock by the sounds of things to come, anyone else who wishes to take part in this is moste welcoem and im gald that at least one person is willing to take on this little challenge, one other thing ebooks must be deleteable as well and an original e-commerce site incorperated into my template woudl be fantsatic.thanks for all the help and i look foward to seeing the results,i have pmed you zabb, if anyone needs more details pm me or ill give you all my msn adi! thanks

okay guys im getting some pressure now form my business partner and i need the site sorted as soon as possible, can some one PM if they are going to give it a go, or not, i need to get thsi sorted as soon as possible, and all help is much required, desired and needed, thanks for all the help and as i say im knida under a fair bit of pressure at the mo so any one who can get this sorted and as personalised as soon as possible.thanks guys for all the help and hte help hopefully to come to me, i sit here and pray as i type that one of you have the will and the strenght to help me out, thanks guys oncew agian and i look foward to hearing soem replys!! tahnkshey sorry to keep bugging you all if there was a way to cut down oscommerce then thta woudl do brilliatnly because its a nice setup and as well can i just remind the person who takes this on that there is the chance of 15-20 hosting credits avaible, so good luck and pm with deatil thanks guysI WOULD REALLY LIKE MY TEMPLATE TO BE OSCOMMERCE WITH IT EAILY EDITABLE AND ABILITY TO ADD NEW PAGES AND NEW STUFF ALL THE TIME, OS COMMERCE WOULD BE BRILLIANT HOPE THIS HAS HELPED ALOT GUYS AND SEE YA LATER IM OFF TO BEDALSO ANOTHER THING ON OSCOMMERCE THERE ARE LOADS OF ADS AND I WANT NO ADD THANKS, PLEASE HELP ME!!!ANOTHER QUCIK THING WITH SO COMMERCE YOU HAVE TO SIGN UP OR REGISTER TO BUY STUFF AND I WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO HAVE THE OPTION OF REGISTERING OR JUST BUYING, THANKS GUYS AND THE 20 CREDITS WILL BE COMMING YOUR WAY SOON, THANKS

Edited by kylelnsn (see edit history)

hey dudes okay then i ahev made more posts here than any one else i just hope this message get out soon enough, okies then, ive come to a decision on what i woudl like, okay then here goes drum rollWhat i want:my template in os commerce/ zen cart which ever is easiest and bestfully editiable laterfull abi,lity to add links to other sitessome wicked stuffand any other stuff which you find possible to imcorperateokay i think that explains it and can anyone do this the best aprt is that you get 20 credits for the service, thanks gusy and i hope this is not to impossible, nice job boys and girls Pm for anything, cheers guys!!