xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Fu Still Better

I Hate It When People Judge Things!

Especially when they haven't used it or seen it before.I mean, you know that saying, "Don't judge a book by its cover."?Apparrently, not many people know it.I was at the local GameStop, when 3 kids were talking about how stupid Bush was and how they hated it.I couldn't stand it so I went over there and asked, "Do you even know anything about him?". They replied, "Ma'an, I don't need no dude comin' over herr' tellin' me what I think!".So I was just standing there amazzed by their stupidity and awful use of grammar when their parents came by and picked them up. The worker at the store was laughing because he saw the expression on my face. I went out the store without buying anything.I swear, children can be so arogant at times.

Yeah but what do you expect, they're children - but not all children of course, only those who are trying to be "cool." :)

Yea, I know what you mean.The kid that was talking back to me was really trying to show off in front of his friends, but he wasn't doing a great job at it. :)He looked like he was 9 years old, talking about politics...That's just...weird. o__O

Oh wait... I just saw your sig.."Youth Forum".Sorry if I offended you in any way...didn't see that. >_>

Children will be children. The question is though do you have the ability to educate them. If not, then you are technicaly judging them. A person should be able to think what they want without having to answer to anyone. If they end up having an opinion that is different and maybe less educated than your own, oh well.

Also, most of us know it's not right to judge things or people, but lets be honest here... I'm sure we've all done it at least once at some stage in our lives - we were all children once before too so it's not like we're perfect either, and I'm sure we did things that other people thought were arrogant or ignorant of us simply because we were just children.

I find kids aren't the worst. In my experience, the "seniors" in high school and the freshman in university are the worst. The attitude is that they are better than the "kids" but they are only a few years older than the kids they are making fun of."I'm a senior now" or "I'm in university so I'm smarter, cooler and better than you kids". I can always tell from the way people talk. For example, people in this range like to talk about age a lot. Older people don't talk about age because it means nothing to them, in fact, they would rather forget about their age in most cases!

I do not believe that age has anything to do with wisdom or experience, but it does have a lot to do with maturity. Being wise doesn't always mean you act wisely.

I do not believe that age has anything to do with wisdom or experience, but it does have a lot to do with maturity. Being wise doesn't always mean you act wisely.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey there are always exceptions to anything. But in most cases age has everything to do with maturity. It's just like stereotypes, they exist because of "statistics". When most, or even a large number, act/look/speak/whatever the same, stereotypes are created. This obviously does not mean there are no exceptions.

You shouldn't judge a book by its cover but sometimes the cover is all you have to go by. And in most cases the cover says it all.

You can easily convince them, just go hitler on their *bottom* or use some comedy making fun of Kerry. Not his looks or anything, but his political views. Yes, I do hate Kerry like the sun is bright, or the day is long.I've judged some things before I tried them, but it was only because I didn't want to agree with them, like San Andreas GTA is the best game ever made.Now that's an opinion question. I think it's personally not. :)

Hey there are always exceptions to anything.  But in most cases age has everything to do with maturity.  It's just like stereotypes, they exist because of "statistics".  When most, or even a large number, act/look/speak/whatever the same, stereotypes are created.  This obviously does not mean there are no exceptions.

You shouldn't judge a book by its cover but sometimes the cover is all you have to go by.  And in most cases the cover says it all.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I totally agree. You shouldn't of course generalize based upon how someone looks or age. In this day and age everyone is so eccletic that they can be anything and streotypes don't always work.

But for those exceptions, there are always millions who follow the typical typing cast that we all know. So you just have to use judgement as to when to judge them or not.

The total lack of judging someone is an inane idea because you should be able to judge a situation or person and just decide on your own whether you want to communicate with them or not. Not all judging and stereotyping is bad, it is like anything else.. good or bad in moderation.

Kids will always be kids. They don't know any better and they haven't been educated on politics and just go by what their peers say and what the news tells them. But they weren't good people to belong with because. Why are you talking about the president even if yo don' tlike him for no good reason.