xisto Community
BooZker

Alcra D Worm PLEASE HELP

I have the Alcra D worm which starts up limewire and disables regedit and other things. If anyone knows how to get rid of this tell me. PLEASE. I have adaware, but it never seems to find it. I cant use ctrl alt delete and limewire slows my computer down because it opens non stop. SO PLEASE HELP. I have tried other things, but they never seem to work. I found a program for the type B worm, but it dosnt work for D i tried. Any info on this post back. If you use limewire and it keeps opening this is what you have by the way. And i love how limwire's FAQ says you have a worm. and nothing else. I mean this is a worm only passed on through them.

Well, Ad-Aware can't remove viruses (only spyware), so you better get an anti-virus, i'd recommand you NOD32,i use it and i'm very happy with it,or you better download Stinger (a pretty cool thing for removing new viruses)Name W32/Alcra-DType * WormHow it spreads * Peer-to-peerAffected operating systems * WindowsSide effects * Drops more malware * Installs itself in the RegistryAliases * Trojan.Win32.Crypt.e * TROJ_DROPPER.CAProtection available since 21 November 2005 23:02:35 (GMT)Protection history * Updated - 26 November 2005 03:00:53 (GMT) * Published - 21 November 2005 23:02:35 (GMT)Detected by All versions of Sophos Anti-VirusLatest protection included in our products from January 2006 (4.01)I hope i helped you

Yah i got it out, but not that way. I got it out from a number of different methods put together. By the way you need to put that in Quotes because you copied and pasted that. If you copy and paste then you get credits for things you didn't type. Just something we do here on Trap 17. Welcome. I see this is your first post!

Ya i get that alcra virus too from LimeWire but I have Norton Antivirus 2006 which deletes them instantly.

Really? I should get that then.

Well, I got those but I never seemed to open those .zip files and so I never experienced it.It spreads through LimeWire, cool I stopped using LimeWire and now I am using FrostWire.Anyways, if anyone got this virus/worm I would suggest getting AVG Anti-Virus.

I'm able to open the Zip File containing the virus and after unpacking a dialog box opens up saying that a virus has been detected and will be deleted. Access to the file is denied.

I also have become infected by this and am wondering. What are some other fixes that have been used. I have downloaded stinger and have run a scan after disabling system restore and it didn't find anything. I have also run a scan with Norton Anti-Virus to no avail. Any help given would be appreciated.

I got this free program called cyberdefender, and, although I had Norton, I wasn't getting the definitions updated. This cyberdefender program updates its definitions every time it scans, and it helps block spyware, viruses, scams, etc. It only has little unobtrusive ads in the top (that's how it's free). But now the worm is gone, and I can use limewire again!!! I swear to god this is not fake!! I thought it was fake at first too, but it works, and really helps.

I have mcafee anti virus and all that and it barley finds any virus or stuff but uninstalling limewire worked for sometime but it still tries to open it and I get error messages saying to install limewire again and I have the other trojans it got me that download stuff and trys to make me buy or download fake anti virus stuff aggh I need help