xisto Community
Jimmy

Macro Photography For Olympus E-system / Four Thirds Lenses Advice on a new lens purchase - choice between various models

Which of these lenses would be most useful for an amateur photographer (excluding budget) interested in macro photography. I would prefer to be able to show extremely close up pics in detail  

1 member has voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

MY MISTAKE - DIDN'T REALISE YOU COULDN'T EDIT A POLL AFTER - HERE ARE THE CORRECT FOCUS DISTANCES:
* Sigma 150mm = 38.0 cm Sigma Four Thirds
* Sigma 105mm = 31.3 cm Sigma Four Thirds
* Olympus 35mm = 15 cm Olympus 35mm MACRO
* Olympus 50mm = 28.0 cm Olympus 50mm MACRO

hey guys and gals;

Anyway I am forcefully narrowed to the four above and would appreciate any help choosing the correct one from someones who may know a little more. I do have a short-ish lens that has allowed me to do some (close to)macro photograph, but I really would like to have a dedicated lens to get much closer to the subject for proper MACRO photos.

I am not sure of the benefits between a 30mm MACRO lens and a long focal lengthed 150mm, except I did work out that the 150mm would be able to produce closer images than the others (if I got it wrong please tell me!) but the only thing I can think of is the mobility and being able to get angles from below easier and also that a longer focal length would create a more blurred background.
Unfortunately the prices are quite expensive but it would be nice to look at these without considering the prices in mind as I would be able to save and get the one that would suit and last me for a long time.

Are there any strong advantages between a longer focal length or a short one for MACRO photography???

Thanks

Edited by Jimmy (see edit history)

surely theres someone with a bit of knowledge about d-slr lenses?anyone able to recommend anything?Thanks :)