xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Wolves

Highest O/c You've Achieved? Post it, and your specs.

Hey all,

So, what's the highest overclock that you have achieved and what are the specs are the computer you have done it on?

Personally, I have got an overclock of about 75 mh/z

My computer runs stock at 950 mh/z on my GA-7ZM and seeing as that motherboard doesn't support any form of overclocking except through the front side bus, that's what I had to do.

Currently I am running my computer at about 1026 mh/z and previously I had it up to 1045 mh/z but I saw some unstableness. Also, don't forget to post the method of overclocking you used.

Also, my system specifacations are:

Motherboard: GA-7ZM

Processor: Amd Athlon Socket A 950 mh/z (currently at 1026 mh/z)

Video card: ATI All-In-Wonder 9800 128 mb

Hard disk: One 20g IDE and one 80g IDE

Ram: 512mb SDRAM

Soundcard: Soundbaster 32

Yes, I know, my computer is oldschool, but at least it doesn't still have the TNT2 it came with (I've said too much already). Post YOUR specifacations!

Edited by Wolves (see edit history)

HelloTo start of with here are my specsMotherboard: Abit AV8-3rd eyeProcessor: AMD Athlon 64 3500+ 2.2GhzGraphics Card: Asus Nvidia GeForce fx5700Hard Disk: Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 200GB SATA and Seagate 20GB IDERAM: Crucial 1GB PC3200 Dual ChannelSound: Built into motherboardI have managed to overclock this from 2200Mhz to 2530Mhz but i don't always run it this high as it gets really hot. As the multiplier is locked I have to overclock by increasing the front side bus.

Wow, FINALLY a reply. And I know how you feel, having to tear off the case to overclock, it's annoying. My computer is always hot (60 celcius +) and surprisingly, overclocking it really didn't drive it up too much.

Well usually mine is about 36 celcius and about 50 celcius under stress but when I overclock it is usually about 40 degress under no load and 65 under stress but the maximum it can go is 75 and starts beeping at anything over 65. I am thinking about getting a better cpu fan and some faster RAM so I can overclock even higher.

Lol... sorry, I have no idea what you are talking about :rolleyes: I'm not too knowledgeable on the whole computer hardware part of the thing. Just what I can do with the programs inside it lol. And here I thought if I read the post, I might know what an o/c is. I'm figuring over clock, but I've never heard this expression before... so I'm still lost lol...

Well i'll try and explain it. Overclocking is forcing the computer to run faster than it should, say you have a 1Ghz processor and you use the BIOS to overclock it to 1.2Ghz. The main advatnage of this is speed but overclocking may eventually ruin the processor as you are making it run faster than it was designed to do. A lot of the time the RAM is a limitation as when you overlclock the computer you also overclock the RAM. Anyway this website can explain it a lot better than I can.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overclocking
Hopefully this helps. If you do overclock remember overclocking too much can destroy your computer. So be careful.

Edited by dselley (see edit history)

The older CPU's are easy to overclock , mostly there are no locks on the CPU.On almost all CPU you can overclock about 3 till 5 % without any problems if everything is correctly installed.Some mainbords even overclock automaticly when the computer is asking for more performance.I have such a mainboard with an AMD CPU.I haven't done any Extreme overclocking till now since I don't see the advantage of it.You have to pay a lot for decent cooling and even then you can blow up your CPU.

I've never overclocked before. I've seen what CAN happen if you do something wrong, or give it to much, and quite honestly I don't trust myself doing that.

Also, for a little side note, PLEASE put your computer specs in

tags, thanks.