xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
samnav

How On Earth Is Google Spidering Internet Content Nowadays?

How on earth is Google spidering internet content nowadays?

I noticed this a few days ago while searching using Google. At first I thought they were one offs, but it keeps happening and I'm wondering what is happening. Basically a search result leads to a post reply page complete with the reply already typed in ready for submission. Now it's not uncommon for bots to try and post replies or send PHs (take a look at our whose online and you'll see what I mean) but to INDEX somebody else’s reply before they've submitted it.... that is something I can't figure out.

Here's an example, I did a Google search for

Symbol lookup error 3ddeskd undefined symbol
And I end up with some results on a debian forum (powered by phpbb 2.0.13). So I click on those results and land here.... a post reply page complete with reply already typed out! Has anyone else experienced this any idea what's happening my only thought is that Google is using users to spider material on the web, it's the only explanation that I can think off to explain how something that only one person should see ends up in Google.

Notice from serverph 052406:
fixed code tags

I actually noticed this myself!! I thought it was script error rather than google's , as that page shoudlonly be temporary for the person to type their reply and then when submitted then its posted permanent?

I dont know im still a little confused on what you mean. Do you mean that when you search you end up at a forum and you are leaded to a reply and not the main reason of the forum.Or do you mean that when you search a reply is already given????

that's pretty normal, i would suppose. google spiders/crawls links. and "POST A REPLY" from forums like PHPBB is a link. try this search in google, and you'll find more instances of that kind. :)

it's not somebody else's reply. it's an instance wherein you are the one supposed to be making the reply, wherein the post in question is quoted in the reply form. :)