xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
AnGeL KiSS

What's The Difference - Sub-domain With Parked Domain Name And Just Domain Name? a part of options when Trap17 hosting is created

What's the difference between a hosted subdomain with a parked domain from changing a subdomain to a domain? I'm confused on that. I have my domain parked on my subdomain and it's working fine but I see people changing their subdomain to a domain?

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Topic title modified.
Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

Um, well i wasn't asknig about addon and parked domains... I mean when people requested for a hosting account as a domain or a subdomain whats the difference requesting for a subdomain then changing it to a domain account--from just parking the domain?edit; or is what i'm trying to ask about parked and addon domains? im confused :)

Edited by AnGeL KiSS (see edit history)

This topic has been discussed already but since it's so hard to find my own answer (after 1900+ posts later I forget where it is) I will post it here.There is no actual difference between having a sub-domain of Xisto and parking your domain VS activating Xisto hosting with your domain in the first place.The only advantage I see by having a sub-domain is when you change your "main" domain (you decided to go with another domain name to be associated with Xisto because you didn't like the name of the first one), instead of spending 15 hosting credits to rename/change your domain name, you can simply unpark and park your new domain.Otherwise parking a domain name and having your domain registered have no difference at all.

No, I mean if you change your domain to vanillaskye.org from your subdomain... if you wanted to make a subdomain on your account would it be __.vanillaskye.org or __.angelskiss.trap17.com?