xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kylelnsn

Trap 17 And Their Services Space they use?

this is just a really quick question i was redaing some psots and it got me thinking, trap 17 has to be hosted somewhere and if its in mans shed then thats fine, but really how much space does trap 17 take up with hosting account and without hosting accounts, then how much abdnwidth a month do they use? and then how big is the my sql data base with all of our hsoting credits and accounts on, wow thats gotta be a lot, so i was wondering if admin would tell me or not, and maybe you could setup a page at the home page to tell use some if this information, thanks dudes and i really really hope that some one can help on this post because its really nagging on my mind and everyone has been so helpful in the past, any ways thanks for the info and see ya laters

Just as a note and stuff, you should check your spelling make make it some decent english. Anyways this should be moved to questions and queries!

To help you out here is what I know to the best of my knowledge:

1)Xisto is owned by Xisto Corporation. Xisto (the domain name) is registered with GoDaddy.com!

2) I belive that the servers are in a secure location. Not in some guys shed. Probably they are located on a site or faculaty that Xisto Corporation owns. If they are not located on a Xisto Corporation site, then they are in a datacenter. Datacenters: are a place where hosting companies pay to have there servers held in secure locations where tech's and other people monitor them and make sure that the are running properly. They normally use security methods and CCTV, with biometric access to the sites. Only certififed technitions are allowed to enter the server room. And the clients that own the servers, after they provide authorization.

Also there are other companies servers in the datacenter. Its like a hotel or daycare center for computers. :) You pay the company and they make sure everything is safe. They factor in cooling and energy and high speed connections so that we can access the stuff whenever.

3) The SQL Database should be hudge and chock full of information. This mean that everylittle thing that is kept here is in a record. From moderator logs to your post count. I am familiar with IPB and I know that the SQL database holds everything and anything that happens here. Pretty much this place lives of PHP - Hosting - SQL. SQL is the major factor. To keep the queries low and stuff, they have disabled the following features:

Users browsing this topic

Users browsing this forum

View users active in the last....

Since I have an IPB, I can tell you the primary 8-9 SQL queries:

ibf_sessions

ibf_members

ibf_skin_sets

ibf_members

ibf_shoutbox_stats

ibf_topic_markers

ibf_sessions

I don't know why that trap17_ipbsessions comes up twice...but who cares. I can try viewing the SQL information here, but I doubt that we have the function enabled, since its a possible security threat I guess. (http://forums.xisto.com/index.php?+#####=*) <-- Yea were smart and have it disabled and stuff, but otherwise it would give me this sites quieres.

Hopefully this long posting has given you some ideas and what its like behind the scenes. Maybe OpaQue or BuffaloHELP can tell you the specifics and stuff, but I filled in some extra information. Hopefully someone else can post and help you out. Good luck. :)

yeah nice one but i was thinking more of values how much space does trap 17 use, its really cool all what you have said but how much space does trap 17 have and use and how much band width do they sue, any ways thanks for the quick reply and youve been very helpful but like ive siad i would love some specific values preferablly beacsue that would be cool, thanks for everything and does anyone otu there know this or do they know soem one who has the knowledge or a way to find this out, or maybe an admin cna find this out it would be really cool if someone could tell me becasue i really want to know, this must be know by some one and please help me, any ways thanks for this and i look foward to hearing the results, he he

yeah nice one but i was thinking more of values how much space does trap 17 use, its really cool all what you have said but how much space does trap 17 have and use and how much band width do they sue, any ways thanks for the quick reply and youve been very helpful but like ive siad i would love some specific values preferablly beacsue that would be cool, thanks for everything and does anyone otu there know this or do they know soem one who has the knowledge or a way to find this out, or maybe an admin cna find this out it would be really cool if someone could tell me becasue i really want to know, this must be know by some one and please help me, any ways thanks for this and i look foward to hearing the results, he he

I belive that if their server is at the Xisto Corperation headquarters they do not have a bandwidth cap.
200 GB is norm for a server.