xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
True2Earn

Create Professional Affiliate Links Like The Big Dogs and save 97 like they charge for the same info

Do you hate those long, ugly affiliate links such as hxx ? Do you hate it when someone takes your affiliate link and cut you out, thereby "stealing" the money you could have made? Ever wonder how the so-called "internet guru's" do it? Ever wish you had the $97 they want so you, too, can learn how? You've probably seen such URL's as hxx bigselfproclaimedguru.com/Recommends/ CrapProduct in an email you've recieved and wanted to duplicate it for your own affilate programs. Well, now you can! Here is how you can do it...

Create a folder in your root directory named Recommends and then create a directory inside of it, such as CrapProduct or whatever else you are promoting. inside the CrapProduct directory, create a file named index.html. Here is the contents of the index.html file:

<html><head> <script>window.status = '';</script> <title>Page Title Here</title> <!-- Replace this with your page title --></head> <frameset border=0 rows="100%,*" frameborder="no" marginleft=0 margintop=0 marginright=0 marginbottom=0><!-- Replace INSERT-HERE with your affiliate link including the http:// --> <frame src="INSERT-HERE" scrolling=auto frameborder="no" border=0 noresize> <frame topmargin="0" marginwidth=0 scrolling=no marginheight=0 frameborder="no" border=0 noresize><body></body> </frameset> </html>

And now you can promote your own affiliate program. The link will now be hxx yourdomain.com/Recommends/ CrapProduct. I hope this quick & dirty, very simple tutorial helps in your quest to become Super Affiliate :) And if you don't want to use a cloaking method as above (which uses a Zero frame) then you can use this instead.

<html><head> <meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0; url=INSERT-HERE"></head><body></body></html>

Hmmm... if I keep giving away all the "secrets" of the Big Dogs people are gonna start thinking I'm one great guy! Oh well, it's not a bad thing. My ultimate goal is to show the "guru's" for what they really are (and maybe make some cash for myself along the way!).

NOTE: I had to do a little editing to fix a few typo's.

Edited by OpaQue (see edit history)

Actually, the first piece of code above does that. It cloaks your affiliate ID by creating a frame so it's your website's URL that shows up in the address bar and not the long, ugly affiliate URL. Give it a test :)

You could also check out Mod_rewrite to do this, but this is way easier to understand.

Ehh, i just use adobe image ready and make it all animated and stuff =PBut i never used that big long script thingy. I just let them do that. And Microsoft Frontpage does all my html coding for me =P