xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Tetraca

Scroogle Google Scraper

Has anyone ever used scroogle < http://scroogle.org/ > instead of google itself to protect your anyomonity and strip the ads? It has a much cleaner interface stripped of ads. The only 2 downfalls is that the main site does not look as nice as google(but the results page looks good), and the maximum results it can show is 100.

Scroogle that sounds a little wierd.

Hi I am Justin I will go to every single recent post. Because not all posts are stupid. except some of them :)

Who's the fellow with the top hat? Is that supposed to be Scrooge? Hence Scrooge + Google = Scroogle? :rolleyes: or* Scrooge was a miser and this ad-free version of Google parallels the whole "cut back on advertising costs" kind of idea?I tried out the search engine and typed in "Happy Fun Ball" (from the SNL skit) but the results came up as a Google search. I guess it works, but I don't see myself deviating from the original Google anytime soon.Regrets.

I find it is a lot easier to use Google, all you have to do is go to google.com, add the search terms and BAM there you go Google dos its magic tricks and gives you the results. Where as in Scroogle, you have to go to scroogle.com, then <- snipped -> Scraper, and then search. That?s one extra step. I'm kind of a lazy man. I don?t mind the ads that Google puts on. Sometime it is entertains, and most I don?t notice them. And also Google you have to option to "Cached - Similar pages" which some times is useful. There are probably more, but you get the idea.The only thing i like about Scroogle is that, it displays all the results on one page. I like that, but if Google does that. And there was a term which has thousands of quires it might take a very long time to load, and a very long page.Also I don?t like the layout design. It basically drives me off the sight. Where as Google?s layout looks very simple and professional. Plus they change the images every so often, like now for the FIFA World Cup, this keeps me wanting to go on Google to see if they have changed the images.So no, I don?t use Scroogle.}

its probobly just a little teaser for google, some webmasters just trying to flex their muscles. nice site though and I like the idea.wasn't there one called Yaoogle! or soemthing? mixtrure of google and yahoo results?

Scroogle's interface is kind of disgusting. Google has a nice simple interface which makes it pleasurable to use, even though it has ads. Google is faster(took me almost 30 seconds to connect to scroogle, google connects instantly). Google also provides Advanced search, certain codes that allow you to limit your search(-), image search, and can be modified with greasemonkey to make it look nicer.

The point of Scroogle is to allow people to search the internet without their search terms and IP addresses being recorded or potentially provided to other parties. All of your objections seem to indicate that you people fail to understand this

Screw GoogleScroogle

Scroogle = Screw Google.

Google store your search terms andThe direct specific advertising to your IP according to what you type.

Basically every question you every asked google they store and know about. TheyProbably know more about you than you know about yourself. Its worse ifYou have a gmail account and are logged in when you perform a search.

Its was too big brother for me and if you did your research you wouldProbably use scroogle all the time as well at adding the better privacyAdd on to firefox to delete LSOs and flash cookies.

Screw them. IWill not be a part of the cataloging of the human condition.