xisto Community
BooZker

A World Without A Religion?

Do you think the world would be better?  

133 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm amazed at the lack of knowledge expressed by people as I googled what was meant by "A World Without Religion". Without Christ everyone would be hopelessly and helplessly lost. By lost? Yes, I mean bound for Hell. Look folks...There is only two places available to spend eternity; Heaven or Hell. I'm convinced you guys wouldn't like Hell, but you have to know Christ to go to Heaven, and remarks like "the world would be a better place without religion" expresses a lack of knowldge of Jesus Christ. I recommend you don't take this truth lightly because you will eventually give account of your foolishness. I repeat Heaven or Hell is your choice.

I am not interested in arguments from anyone that doesn't believe in Christ, so for you who are so inclined...Don't bother to indulge. BUT if any reader is interested in information about knowing Christ, I warmly invite you to reply.

firstly the bible says because of lack of knowledge my people perish, note "knowledge"and "perish" I must say most of you here who commented on this topic is lacking in knowledge in some way are the other, please don't take this as an insult I'm not knowledgeable about everything my self. Now  for the big question "would the world be a better place without religion?" the answer is NO, why is this so, to this question I must first answer the many theories that were suggested here. Well is that acceptable yes it is by my account but, will I not spelling correctly, be accepted by the wider community NO why? because there is something called due process and a correct way of way of doing things, it may be accepted by me and my community but will it then be accepted internationally NO, why? there are rules to life that are supposed to be followed its within our nature that these things occur what is our nature ? our nature is to please God you cannot omit Him you cannot do anything about it, if there was no Jesus we would in turn praise something else a false God are idol, We praise our money and many other vanities. Why is this so? like it are not God made us and we were made to praise him and praise is in our DNA, just as it is so with loving a woman you were not made to love the same sex sexually its like chemistry we know certain elements has no compatibility but  we think about the possibility and create enrich- uranium is it beneficial to us yes but whats the side effect we cannot dispose of it it was not natural in nature so therefore we are left with a dangerous by product radioactive waste, also in the course of nature that God has made, all things reproduce sexually and this process is accomplished by a female being and male being, not a male and  male being no where under creation this is found where two males come together to create life than in human beings why we are given the choice to choose that is called will, but this has a prerequisite you cannot disrupt the plan of God if you do you will destroy the course of nature. So there man is disobedient when you have sex with the same sex and create a problem in the humanity and nature and laws of God.  the earth was not made from an explosion so everyone wIth since I don't think I have explain something Phd's fail at, explosions destroy they don't create  whatever arises from them are fragments of elements if they even fuse it is over many years of other explosions that would evolve them..Which is yet to be seen, I have have been on earth for a while now and I have not seen a explosion creating another planet of life

Well they didn't collapse due to atheism, they collapsed cause theywere communists. If you look at Scandinavia (Denmark, Norway and Sweden), they have the highest % of atheism in the world and are very wealthy countries.

ReligionA World Without A Religion?

The truth is, everyone has his or her own personal beliefs about God, religion and faith. No two people have exactly the same beliefs, there are always slight differences from one person to the next. The big problem throughout the ages is that some people try to impose their beliefs onto others. There is no respect for other sets of beliefs but their own. And where there is disrespect there is conflict.

There will always be religion, faith, believers and non-believers in  this world. What we need to learn to do, is to accept and respect each others differences. We should know that by now, we just have to do it.

The expressionA World Without A Religion?Can you give some examples of ways that religion imposes its view on others? Can you give me an overview of how the many religions paint God? Explain the difference between truth and tradition? Seperate God from tradition and explain the difference between religion and God?-reply by Omega

world without religionA World Without A Religion?

Religion is THE reason for so many conflicts. After all, there are thousands of religions throughout the world. My opinion is, it is just FAITH, but faith is instilled into you by your parents, so if they are Catholic,Protestant, Jewish etc etc etc, then so are you. You don't make up your own mind until later in life.  I find it incomprehensible to understand which religion is THE religion and I believe many more think taht way. Why not go through life caring for your family and fellow man, rather than trying to kill them because they don't believe in waht you do. Its a sad sad world we live in.

-reply by David

Think a little harderA World Without A Religion?

If religion never came into play, where would we get our morals? Who would teach them to us? We want to believe that we would be good on our own, but children don't know what is wrong unless they are taught. If no one taught us morals from the beginning we would most likely be like animals. Intelligence isn't just inherited, it is taught. We might have learned morals along the way, but why would we create good and evil if we had nothing else to believe in.  If there were no consequences for dong something wrong (the law is easily avoided) then most people would feel free to do as they please.

commentA World Without A Religion?

Religion is entirely unnecessary.  To think that people need to be told what their morality should be is insulting.  As for the windows startup thing saying "a world without religion" I think it tells a very real story that the twin towers in new york would still be here without religion.  Well, thats if you believe religious extremists were behind those attacks, but thats a whole different thread.

-reply by richard dawkins

Religion is a dangerous thing, it preys on the minds of the weak by telling them that they are not perfect and the only way to live in an afterlife paradise is to accept their religion. I know this may sound insensitive or intolerant, but religion is a human weakness. People will listen for an imaginary voice from "God", but it will never come. Instead, the voice they will hear is the voices of men, and men, by nature, have agendas. Then some will become extremists, (some, very few, but still too many) and harm others with no consequence because they are carrying out the will of God.

Instead of putting your faith in an imaginary friend, put your faith in your fellow man, that will lead to peace.

Religion seem to achieve more destruction misery and death, than the good it preaches. Most religion try and convert by force or by deception. Then there is the extremist that take things too far, manipulating and twisting their faith for their own personal gain, and with that preying on those that in need of some one to listen to them and they are slowly turned into extremists themselves. The fallacy in religion is that it is supposed to be the word of Gods / God but it is spread by humans and as such it will be tainted no matter what anyone says, and as such it will be twisted and modified to the extreme that the true meaning will be lost. Some need faith, others need something stable in their lives but what important is that as all thing in life everything is good in moderation and one has free will, so don't try and force anything towards people.

value of human lifeA World Without A Religion?

I feel that without religion the value of human life would be non-existant and that this would be a good and bad thing. On the upside stem cell research would have been approved and we may have cured cancer and other diseases by now and people who deserve the death penalty would get it.On the downside we would have caused a nuclear war over some petty disagreement by now

-reply by mark martin

world without religionA World Without A Religion?

Religion is something so huge that to even say the world would be better without it is just crazy.  How could you ever really know?  Pretty much everybody in human history has been affected by some form of religion or belief system so you can't even begin to speculate on what the world would be like without it, and most religions are based on doing good. So people who started wars over it were taking certain parts way too literally and were most of the time trying to force their religion on others, which is a horrible idea.  So don't blame everything on religion, blame it on our screwed up human nature.