xisto Community
finaldesign

What Processor You Have? PC processors only please.

What processor you have?  

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted other as I have an AMD Thunderbird (P4 equiv, I believe) 2.4Ghz...bought it over a year ago and it's still running, which is a first for anything I own. The PSU inside my machine is fried, but still pumps power into the MB...the fan in it doesn't spin all the time (and makes a hell of a racket when it does) so every so often the PC turns off as the PSU overheats...plus there's a wire loose inside so I have to jiggle the cable between the PSU and the MB to get it working......I'd buy another but I'm a lazy bastard :-)

Im running an AMD Athlon XP 2400+ right now, im upgrading soon to an AMD Athlon FX 3400+ with 2mb cache, its gonna fly man also people talkin about pentiume being better, quite frankly its not. Overall the AMD Athlon gives power and better game performance than the Pentium at a more than cheap price. But on the other hand the Pentium 4, especially with hyperthreading is pretty sweet for running multiple apps, also the P4 is just quicker at running apps tho too. Just hard to get over its steep price, I have been lookin for a cpu for this p4 board i was given a while back and its the gay socket 423 one that was made for only god knows why cause it isnt the standard but ne ways the cpu's on ebay are still running US$100+ even for a lame 1.4ghz or so so i still dislike pentium and give AMD a big thumbs up for being such a great company.

I have an AMD Athlon XP 2500+ which is overclocked to a 3200+. It runs at about 2.21 Ghz. It runs pretty stable most of the time and has never failed on me once to this day. Once I heard a buzzing noise and thought that the time was up but luckily it was only a faulty power supply and I replaced it with a 420 watt power supply. I'm now looking into an Athlon 64, probably a high 3800 or an FX. This would be an upgrade for the games that come out in the future.

Got a Intel Pentium 3.6 GHz with HT& 500 MHz front side bus& 512 Meg of Memory& Audigy 2 ZS& a nifty Radeon card that--unfortunately--I don't know off handGreat gaming machine...

AMD Athlon 2500 here.Dual Monitor Video card ( I forget the brand..)XP Professional SP12 80 Gig Western Digitial HD'sDVD-RW and a CD drive (I have both, so I can copy CD's easier..)Floppy Drive (Ancient-old-skool stuff)Zip Drive (Stuff noone uses nemore)The works.. But I would really like a tape drive, I know they're REALLY old, but it'd be cool to write my stuff to a tape, and my teacher ask for my report or something and I hand her a freakin tape, she'd be like what the hell? lol.... okay sorry..Panda

Isn't Pentium V coming out soon?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

enough with the pentiums actually... they should re-design the darn thing from scratch and give a better name, pentium is becoming the best known brand in the world...

yeah, the next cpu from intel will be launching in 2005 I think and its supposed to have two cores on one cpu...