xisto Community
finaldesign

What Processor You Have? PC processors only please.

What processor you have?  

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi all,I don't know if you already had poll about processor type, but now I think ist time to tell again, which processor we have. I have AMD Duron - 1,6 ghz, but personally I think that pentium4 is best choice. Reason for me to have Duron is cheap price.

I'm using Intel Celeron, Northwood-128, 2.0GHz, that I overclocked to 2608MHz :D yeah, I know, where did those 8 MHz came from...But, despite what all people keep saying, that Celeron is a crapy processor, I never had any problems with Celerons, and I had them a lot... It's same as Pentium, just has less L2 cache; a lot les :)Anyway, I prefer Intel over AMD, 'cause I had some pretty bad experiences with AMD, and never want to see it in my machine... God damn thing actualy burned itself, and took the mohterbord with it... :D

But why did ur MAD chip fail so badly? were you messing with settings?

Shoot me if I know why it crashed. I actualy didn't mess with anything, I didn't know that much about hardware at that time. It was summer, it was extremely hot, I guess AMD's thermal diode failed, and just burned, dunno... But, that one time was enough for me...

I'm using a Pentium 4 3.0 Ghz HT.It's good enough for me. I think you made a mistake in the poll.Shouldn't the Pentuim VI be IV ? :D Maybe you can change it becose if heven't heard of a Pentuim 6 yet. :)

I use Athlon 2500+ with 512 mb ram on asus a7n8x-x is just work fine.Yeah it can use for regular work also to video cutting. I think it is enough for me too. I if has a choice/money. I will go to get athlon 64 bit one. hehehe :)

Isn't Pentium V coming out soon? ... P4 btw..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think it's coming out yes...but dunno when? They sad that chip will sample internally at Intel in January 2004 and will take between four to six months to get to market.

So now has 11 moths past and it's still not on market.

But they sad also that the "pentium 6" will follow a very similar schedule.

Sit back, and relax... if you wait they will come... :)

Oke, I use Intel Celeron 1.3Gigs and 512Megs of RAM. I guess it is adequate for what I work. Photoshop, webcoding and designing, (surfing the net and Office :) ), watching movies. No need for hig tech computer. :D All I need to know is, if Abit ST6 motherboard needs some drivers for XP. MAybe not.

but personally I think that pentium4 is best choice.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree.

I use Intel Celeron 2.4Gigs and 256Megs of RAM.But sometimes it does a bit slow.

hmmm... May it be the cause of RAM?

Anyway Celelon is cheap and Pentium IV is expensive.

I couldn't buy Pentium :)

But sometimes it does a bit slow.

hmmm... May it be the cause of RAM?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It is possible.. If you would try to get another piece of 256 RAM, you will probably get higher system performance... at least by 40% your system will do faster... :)

im currently using pentium IV because of it's availability in our country and because of its fame.. but im curious about AMD duron maybe because many people says that it is more realible than pentium and even more cheap.. I THINK :)

I only have a Pentium III, 710 Mhz, 128 MB ram. I always change my bios/cmos settings. Example, I've turned the "memory hole" feature on, then my computer's performance was faster than before...