xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kylelnsn

Sorry But What Is This Ns1 And Ns2 Thing

ivev got my hosting all sorted im now a hosted member, but when i went on earlyer to check the details i saw this thing saying to go to ns2.trap17.com and ns1.trap17.com, i went to them and all i got was and xisto main site and cpanel error site

the cpanel error site said

There is no website configured at this address.

You are seeing this page because there is nothing configured for the site you have requested. If you think you are seeing this page in error, please contact the site administrator or datacenter responsible for this site.
About cPanel:

cPanel is a leading provider of software for the webhosting industry. If you would like to learn more about cPanel please visit our website at http://cpanel.com/. Please be advised that cPanel is not a webhosting company itself, and as such is not responsible for content found elsewhere on this site.

and so then i was really confused so i just thought i would come here and ask because i got such great help last time i had a problem, so what do i have to do anything or nuthing, just wondering thanks for all the help

have i dun summin wrong?

The NS1.trap17.com and NS2.trap17.com and the name serversyou have to go to your domain (yourwebsite.com) and change the name servers from there default to the ns1/ns2 Xisto

he is correct, also your site is running cause i see the default index page. Make sure to go to your public folder and delete that index file and hten load up your own index file.But you only need to user the NS if you are going to park your .com .net .org or other websites outside the ttrap17 network. if you just use the regular format yoursite.trap17.com then you don't need to worry about the ns servers at all.

you will only need to make the nameserver changes if you are using your own domain with your Xisto hosting space here. but since you are using a Xisto subdomain for now (kyle.trap17.com), you don't have to worry yourself about NS1 & NS2 settings. :)

okay its all good then once again you have helped me out quickly and very well doen to you all having the patienct to put up with a muppet like me, any ways thanks for all the help you guys have provided and maybe this will help sum one else later in their trap 17 hosting path to delight, yeah the inde shouldnt be a problem, its just that i got hosting before i finished the site lolo, it was so qucik and esay i expected it to take ages, any ways once agian thank you ever so much!!! well done

resolved. closed. :)