xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
PmH

Increasing Membership To A Website i know this gets thrown around a lot

You've probably heard this request before, but I've tried several times over making websites, none of them can get any members, and it gets quite frustrating. I'm out of ideas, now, so I'm asking you, as a potential "website-joiner" what kind of website you would be interested in joining, or are already a part of.

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Make your topic title the summary of your post.
Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

I'm part of forums that offer something that I need or have great interest in. I'm registered at txrunning.com, which discusses track and cross country running throughout Texas and the US. I'm interested in running, so I joined and discussed running there.A lot of forums I join because I need to to receive the service they offer. Such as Xisto, we offer hosting, and that was what I needed at the time. I registered and posted to get hosting.

Well for someone like me, I am not a company nor do I have the money to spend on deals and what not, how else could I attract members?

I'm intrested in this as well. It seems like every site that I make "flounders".Personally, I would join a good science or technology forum and visit websites that offer free stuff :).

Edited by uiop (see edit history)

Personally speaking I'll be interested in a website if it offers something free. I wouldn't like to be part of community or forum where I do not get any benefits but the admin expect me to be active. That's exactly why I am here. I enjoy staying here and I benefit the hosting for free. I'm not saying that you should run another hosting site but it could be anything that offers something free. May be a tutorial on CSS, html, Javascript, PHP or any other stuffs. Or post certain number of post and get domain free, something like that. That is my personal opinion. But remember not just me there are millions of net users whose taste differ from one to others. Keeping in mind this aspect you should try to build your site. And when you build you website don't build according to your taste but think others how will they feel if they visit your website. I hope you get some point here.If you want many users in your site how about trying a website on celebrities. For example, a website dedicated to some celebs like Britney spears, Lindsay Lohan, Paris Hilton, etc. fans will come and participate.. For me I'm not that much interested in making a huge community website. I'm more interested in search engine friendly websites that generates traffics where users don't participate much but keep visiting the site. Community based websites simply waste space and bandwidth but little to profit from revenues. That's my take. All the best.