xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sasuki

Ror Ruby on Rails for friends... :P

It is a new technology in creating websites... i've never used it but it's called by many of my friend webmasters like a great program to work with... as some of you already know lol :)

i leave here the main website of the technology

http://rubyonrails.org/

see it if you want too... :)

if anyone has a better and more precise opinion about the subject, by all means share with us :D

cheers

It is a new technology in creating websites... i've never used it but it's called by many of my friend webmasters like a great program to work with... as some of you already know lol :)
i leave here the main website of the technology

http://rubyonrails.org/

see it if you want too... :)

if anyone has a better and more precise opinion about the subject, by all means share with us :D

cheers

This seems like a nice Web applications framework, but honestly, I think it is waaaaaaaaaay to complicated. You have to have like 5 million (exaggerating) files to make a simple page that says "Hello World", which would take just one line in PHP. Since ROR is new, there aren't many prebuilt applications for it like there are for PHP. So I'll tjust stick with whatever little PHP editing I do.

it's complicated i know... but it is said that it's even better than php :)i have to experience it by myself, but for now i am sticking to learn javascript :Dafter it i'll try it :Dbut if you're looking for something new and promising... see it... it's worthwhile :)

I've never heard of it, and I agree, if it takes many files just to display one simple line of text showing 'hello world' then it can't really be any good (Even in java and c++ it's only a few lines of code!).It may show as a good programming language in the near future though, when there are many guides out and many people are learning it as a new language.For now though, I think i'll stick with php and maybe look into this when it becomes more popular.