xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
JC05

Video And Audio Resynchronization

Ok guys. I got a problem. I just got a new camera but when i take a video with it and put it on my computer the speech is delayed for about a second. So the persons lips start moving and a sec later the speech starts. Is there any way to fix this without having to buy any software? I have some video software already but i don't think you can use it to match up speech and video. Any help for this? Thanks.Note: To all Mods and Admins I think this is where this goes. If not my deepest apologies. Thanks.

The first problem is that when you import to your computer, you should not have any mis-synch. This is usually because either your computer processor is slow or your import hardware is incompatible. USB connection uses a lot of CPU resource and thus I always recommend Firewire as the only way to capture from an external source.Check to see if your importing software is leaking in RAM. Your computer is trying to import two streams, actually, one is video and one is audio. And after complete import it takes a few moment to recompile as a whole file. However, for the lack of better words, when something isn't synchronized right it will have de-synch issue like yours.So FIRST fix your hardware. Second, for the files you already have now, split them into two files: audio and video. Free software called TMPGEnc will allow you to split them to two. De-Synch or Avid, used by many Divx users, will also do easy synch work. You can then import audio and video using Windows Movie Maker as two and slightly off set either the sound or video. And bam! all free software and re-synched.

Now how do i use movie maker to off set the sound and video? I'm new at this so i don't know squat. The thing is that the camera is not really hi quality i don't think. lol So even if i take one and then play it right back on the camera it is still delayed. And do you have any links for that free software? Thanks

Edited by JC05 (see edit history)

To shift for re-synch, click on Timeline mode (bottom left icons, or for updated versions please refer to HELP) and you'll see two tracks: 1 for video and 1 for audio with time frame displayed at the top. Note that I'm not sure if the latest Movie Maker can split video and audio tracks. If you cannot move them independently, please use TMPGEnc to split audio from video and save them as two different files.

Just drag and drop your files and move them by sliding back and forth.

TMPGEnc is free and can be searched on the search engine. But for your conveniences, http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ and click on download.

Thank-you soo much buffaloHELP! I will see if this works and let you know. For the record The movie maker i have, "MovieMaker2" cannot move them independently. Rats. But i will see if this free software will work. If it does, Topic closed. lolEdit: I just checked this all out and i cannot get it working. :) Any other ideas?

Edited by JC05 (see edit history)