xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
KABANG

What Is The Best Way To Get Files? cast ur votes here

Whats the best way to download a file?  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Depending on what the file is there are various reasons why each method is good and bad. The main disadvantages of things like BitTorrent and peer-to-peer software is that most of the content now is illegal, but you can sometimes find something useful and legal, and more and more freeware is now being distributed in this way.I hate those sites like Rapidshare, as they are slow and just display too many adverts. Often the files are unavailable or just really slow, which is annoying if you are in a hurry or need a file importantly.Buying files and software means you have an instant legal copy, that you can reinstall if things go wrong, without a massive download.

I'd prefer IRC as a medium for transfering files. It's not an illegal method because the person who transfers the files to you will have to know you first. I doubt anyone in IRC would transfer files to anyone else to strangers. On top of that, what I like best on IRC is the transfer speed. Because it uses direct connection without going through a server, the transfer speed can be as much as your broadband speed, provided that both sides have the same broadband speeds. Let's say the one who transfers the files got 1500kbps uplink, and you as the downloader got 1500kbps downlink, your files get transmitted at 1500kbps.I agree with rvalkass on Rapidshare and all of those web-based file transfer servers. They are totally unreliable because of their limitations. One of the most annoying limitations is that only an IP adress can access the download at any one time, or access the download once in a day, or whatsoever. The thing is that their IP address detection is made in a way that it detects the internet router WAN IP address, which every computers in the region will have to pass by. Since these web-based file servers have the IP address limitation, there's always no chance to download the files, unless you are the extreme lucky one in the entire WAN-connected computers. That's probably among a few hundreds or thousands of computers. Other than the IP limitation, it's also slow in download that is extremely unreliable. At any one time, the download may just cut off and gets disconnected such that you will have to re-download everything again. Slow in these web-based file servers meaning they can never exceed 10kbps transfer rate. You will be happy to see it hits 11kbps and above.P2P and Torrent protocols are highly monitored by security companies to capture what you've been transmitting through those software. It's a mean to log your activity and your IP address and take legal actions on you when they are ready. Hence, it's a big no no for me. You will never know what they do to you while you're happily seeing your downloads getting completed.

If you are talking about commercial files then definately the best way to get it is to buy it. The other options listed in the polls were meant to share files legally. However, that is often not the case.I think torrents are the next best way to get legal files. It allows for high speeds because you are connected to many computers which also means the bandwidth use on each indiviual computer is much lower than if they were to just send it alone. Another benefit of this is that you aren't dependant on one person. Unlike a lot of other sharing methods torrents are secure because it checks the file. This means the things you download are much less likely to corrupt. Also, there are a lot of great torrent clients out there to choose from.

songs p2p anything else just buy it and if its programs then try to find something that does the same thing but which is free