xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
BOAW

Shout_box_v8.5.2 Installation Problem

i downloaded this file for my php site...and it didnt work for me because the files i installed in there couldnt link together correctly...there are 3 folders a sql, Public_html and Conversion tool in the shoutbox file i just downloaded...i installed all the folders into my server...then i tried adding the block and activating my shoutbox block and shout module....but they didnt quite work because they had to communicate with the stuff in the sql folder....this was a problem becuase my phpnuke stuff is all in a folder called "nuke" which is in my Public_html folder....so becuase of that they cant make the correct links to each other so the stuff in my sql folder is not even being used..i dont know how i can somehow link them correctly =/

can you provided a download link to the shoutbox your using.Also it just sounds like you have to reconfig the config file with the proper url.Or you can just move your sql folder inside your nuke file.Also provide the coding in the config file in your next post as well this will help even more.

the sql file was made to be outside of the public_html file...so i dont see the point of putting it into my nuke folder if the nuke folder is in my public_html folder...ill show you the coding of the sql later becuase im not at home right now...and if i would need to mess with the coding, the sql file is prolly not the only thing that id have to tweak, i assume