xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
FirefoxRocks

Revolving Istats Human Information Technologies

IN the future, all humans will have a revolving virtual iPod shape screen above thier heads.This can show any stats possible, such as Health, Relationships, Current Status, Consequences, etc.For example:Voice: "select menu" "Health" "physical" "body temperature"The screen would then display the human temperature.A lot more information can be inputted.Wireless voice networks will be transmitted to other iStats. (talking)This will create many benefits. For example:"Current task" (deciding about smoking) "Task options" (1. Smoke. 2. Don't smoke) "Consequences" (list of consequences) "Task options" "2"It will be voice activated and will have quadrupal confirmation of long term effect actions.Don't you think this would be awesome?

Edited by FirefoxRocks (see edit history)

I guess the shape of Baseball Caps and other headwear will have to be modified? Can't see it happening in my lifetime and I'm not so sure that removing the 'human element' from our decision-making processes will allow us to be called 'human beings', either. On another note, would we want it to display our inner-most opinions that we currently are capable of concealing? Remember the last time a teacher wanted to know why your homework wasn't complete? What did you really think about them at that moment? Would you be prepared to share that? Are you recommending this device still?

Yea here is my forumla:

Human Body + Electronic Thinking Devince = FAILURE

Now I think that kinda cool and stuff but... I know what you mean. Maybe if we could glance at the person for a second and the information would appear out of 1 eye or something on a greenish transparent screen that we could browse through some stuff, without having to stare at the top of there head and stuff for 10 mintues...looking @ what they can do... :lol:

But I don't really want that to happen. Its something that could interfear with how we think and could happen for the worse. What happens if people start to hack the stuff, and make us commit murder or something. Then you have the world domination freak going...muh hahahaha <_< attack XYZ country and I rule the world.

But sorry to discourage you and stuff... but good luck with it. Neat idea, and I see where your comming from.

Firefox, do you really expect there to be halos around everyone's head that tell them their health? Life isn't going to become a video game, and there won't be a numerical display of one's health. Ditto relationships and such. If someone can't figure out those things on their own, a holographic HUD won't help.

It was just a theory anyways.
The system cannot be modified in any way except by the own user. People would not be able to hack into the system in any manner.

On another note, would we want it to display our inner-most opinions that we currently are capable of concealing? Remember the last time a teacher wanted to know why your homework wasn't complete? What did you really think about them at that moment? Would you be prepared to share that? Are you recommending this device still?

Well, I did consider that. The device would have an option of Show Information or Hide Information. However, if crimes are commited then that information cannot be hidden.

Now what do you think?

In a game? o.O.Anyways, the revolving iStats is supposed to make communication easier, also the flexibility of the human being much more active, etc. I guess it will fail like the Microsoft .NET Passport did.

I would have to agree with Cerebral in that this concept sounds too much like a video game. Assuming that iStats (funny name, I must commend) becomes a reality, I?m just not too sure how receptive people would be in having a device like this installed/implanted into them? Take a look at how much information overload there is already in our everyday lives. Having ?revolving virtual iPod shaped screens? hovering over every living individual just doesn?t seem, well, beneficial.And yes, how would that help in identifying us as 'human' from 'machine'?