xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

Saint-michael Going To School

I'm finally going to do it after a good 6 years of procrastinating, playing military and other problems in my life I'm going to go school and get my college degree or degrees more like it since its 3 Associates Degrees.

Im going to go to a community college (cheaper and effective that way). Due to the fact that my local CC has 3 degrees that I want to do

Computer Systems Management

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Network Admin

Website Design & Admin

Sign up Started Yesterday but I spent last few hours while watching a movie figuring out what I want to do, and of course figuring out why I waited so long when I could have had a MBA already.

For me its confidence Issue and the fact that these 3 fields are the most competitive fields in the industry and also the fact that their are people better then me out there. But of course for me its location location location as how I can apply it once I'm done with schooling.

I been crafting my website design skills since the 10th grade, learning all that I needed to know to craft the perfect design and all that junk. I know the people I know the resources where If need a question answered or a coding challange just to see if I could do it.

I had this all figured out while I was in the army for instance Most of the classes I be taken fall into these 3 degrees not only am I saving money I saving my time and speeding up the process. Also with the looks of the number of credits I earn with this as well, I most likly would have to do a few courses in university to get my BA in no time mind you I keep my grades up and junk like that.

I Also have the money as well thanks me being a vet in the military and also the fact that apply for college money when I signed in October of 2000 I be paying most of my college courses just like that. I could Ace most of these classes in heartbeat especially with what I know and were I could go.

Also of course I could d/l a lot of books as well just to refresh or something I miss as well.

Hopefully I get support that I need from my family and admin/mods and other memebers I know here on this site as well.

Of course your truely is not going to cheat through this either, Like posting every question on the final test in the forum to get a answer <_< Finally going to use my hosted account for something as well. Of course once my financial aid kicks maybe I bump up to a paid account so I can really work my magic as well.

Who Knows I could go into business With OpaQue and help run the xisto network as well (something to think about in the near future)

But for now I think I start off With a List of books that you all would recommend for the courses that I would be taken. But that will be in another post.

I know I shouldn't be asking this kind of stupid and pointless as well and though I can afford most of them I think but hey I take a shot at it.

Looking for donations to Help purchase books/laptop computer for school. If you would like to I set up a paypal account and you could send it that way. Just pm me and send you the info.

Of course I take no offense if you don't or actually bad mouth me about that, but hey a guy can try. :lol:

Thanks for helping out.

Good for you SM.I always beleived that studies are really important and that's why even I left the JOB and started my studies. And, hey good to see you to get in to Network Administration also <_<

Hey Saint Michael,I don't know you very well, but I wanted to send you my best wishes nonetheless. It's great to hear that you're going back to school. I hear your worries about the financial stuff but hey, if you're determined enough, you'll make it through. Regardless, learning is one of those everyday, lifelong things and despite how comfortable you might be with the course material, there's always something new to learn.Again, all my best.

Also don't know you too well, but I'm happy for you that you've decided to go to college and get those degrees. Your life sounds pretty much how I want mine to be like, including the degrees.How long have you been in the military and how much money has that made for you to put towards college? I am definitely thinking about joining the military to help raise money for college.

You might want to check if the school's degree program is accredited because one of my friends that backed out of going to a 4 year school ended up doing what you did (army->community college) went to apply for jobs after receiving two associate degrees and he hasn't been able to get a job in Texas since graduating two years ago in his desired field.Of course he's dumb and doesn't want to take those classes to get certified in the fields. ...I keep telling him it is an investment but he prefers to waste away his college education. :unsure:

Edited by Smack (see edit history)