xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Rusty

Hacker Poll Black or White

What kind of hacker are you?  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Right I will explain the concept of different hats concerning hackers,A white hat hacker is a computer expert that uses his/her skills to help companys as in testing their security by trying to get past it or designing the security themselves and for this obviously they get paid. A black hat hacker is another computer expert but they are not employed by a company(yet they test companys security anyway heh) and they hack into others computer without consent of the owner, they sometimes deface website and display them as trophies on certain websites, the stereotype black hat hacker is a microsoft hating, linux using, computer genius although there are many exceptions.The grey hat hacker is usually a white hat hacker who still is a "part time" black hat except they usually play funny pranks or use their hacking skills to get a message across.

I don't mean to take this in another direction, but did the whole meaning of the word hacker just go out the window?

How to become a Hacker. <<< skim over these pages.

It's not all about high-level knowledge...that seems to be a lesson that comes with experience.

The most advanced computer hackers still rely on basic strategies...'black hat' or 'white hat'...

either way, it's all fun and games 'till someone gets pissed. ;)

Actually dabbled in it about 13 years ago... I'm glad i didn't go further because I'm not sly enough for that game.