xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
illdevilinc

how to generate revenue with adsense?

Hi everyone,I have a website about metal music. [http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/]. It gets around 20 page views a day. I am wondering if you know a way to get people to <- snipped -> ads i have around my site. If you do not know the rules of google i can not have any text asking people to click the advertisment the only text i can have is Advertisment and Sponsers. Just have a look around my site and see what i could do to it to make it more profitable and have more traffic to the site. If you can think of anything for me to do to the site please reply in this forum. thank you,illdevilinc

Notice from mayank:
Moved to google adsense section. Edited topic title.
}

well getting more visitors=more page views=more chance of people clicking on your ads. My spudgun site usually gets around 120-150 page views a day, so i get 1-3 clicks a day. figure around there. of course, if you do actual work on the ads, blending them in, and other stuff, you can get a larger percentage of your viewers clicking on your ads.. there's a lot more to advertising than just slapping your ad on. read the google tos.and no offense, a cleaner and more professional looking design will help get more visitors and ad-clicks.*EDIT* Put your ad in a more relevant place along with being integrated with your site, (colors, theme, and placement into the template)

Edited by amhso (see edit history)

well getting more visitors=more page views=more chance of people clicking on your ads. My spudgun site usually gets around 120-150 page views a day, so i get 1-3 clicks a day. figure around there. of course, if you do actual work on the ads, blending them in, and other stuff, you can get a larger percentage of your viewers clicking on your ads.. there's a lot more to advertising than just slapping your ad on. read the google tos.
and no offense, a cleaner and more professional looking design will help get more visitors and ad-clicks.

*EDIT* Put your ad in a more relevant place along with being integrated with your site, (colors, theme, and placement into the template)

i have tried looking for a template that would support my home page, but i have not found anything that will. My site may not look good but i have all the information on it. If anyone is willing to design a home page that will work with my home page and fit all the information that is on it, we can make a compromize about what you get back. Or if you could point out a home page that will work with my theme, fit all the information, and will look better then my current home page, please reply with the URL of the template.
Thanks

illdevilinc! it seems to me that your site is really good as it has got a pageranking! secondly as amhso said that the site needs a little bit of improvement in design section. As far as getting a nice design template is concerned you can try http://www.oswd.org/ and they've got some beautiful templates and i am sure you'll find one for your site type too.

The only way to get the clicks is that you place the ads in the right places and it must match with the sites look and feel...make sure that it adsense unit must look like an ordinary link only or place it in sidebars and name it as important links or similar

I hope this helps you <_<

illdevilinc! it seems to me that your site is really good as it has got a pageranking! secondly as amhso said that the site needs a little bit of improvement in design section. As far as getting a nice design template is concerned you can try http://www.oswd.org/ and they've got some beautiful templates and i am sure you'll find one for your site type too.
The only way to get the clicks is that you place the ads in the right places and it must match with the sites look and feel...make sure that it adsense unit must look like an ordinary link only or place it in sidebars and name it as important links or similar

I hope this helps you <_<

Thans for the site and the information, i have bookmarked the site because that is a very good site, since i am tring out a new design already, and i am working on the re placements of my advertisment spots.
Thanks again for the site!!!!,
illdevilinc