xisto Community
BooZker

The Truth About Racism Racism is in all shapes and forms and here is my story

I'm for sure am not racist, but it seems that white people are slowly becoming more and more the targets of racism. Now here me out before all of you start going on about how i am a racist and should die and stuff.First off here is one true fact and i would like to tell me how this is NOT racist:My dad, a firefighter, studied his **bottom** off to become one. He was number 3 on the list at the end, but a black person (one of his good friends still today) got number three. How is this you might ask? Well as it turns out you get BONUS POINTS TO BE BLACK! So my dad was number 4. He still got hired, but is this not racism? This does not apply for asians though. Guess what score my dad got... 95% guess what score the other guy got... 81% So to me it seems that not only is this racist to white people and asians, but also to blacks. I thought, well, if they give them extra points dosnt that mean they are making up for something? I know black people are no dumber nor smarter then any other race, but wouldnt that bonus point rule mean they are dumber? And they are nt, but they have acted out about equality so much and so harsh that they over do it.Plus there was not only black slaves, but it seems that's all i hear about when they don't get a job they did not work or study for. We took people from China. Do you hear them STILL complaining? No. And i think for white people to stop being racist black people have to stop also. They need to stop complaining about how the white man is bringing them down. I mean the black people that have jobs don't say that stuff. There is "N" word black people same as there are white trash people. You all should watch Crash and also watch Mind of Mencia. Trust me i still believe cops pull over black people cause they are black and i think in some places its hard for them to get a job, but that should be worked on and they should not have jobs given to them because of there race. We for sure should not be giving any race a bonus for being a certain race. Some other questions i have that i can not answer are these two things:Why can't anyone, but black people say the N word?And why are we supposed to call them African Americans? Not all black people are from Africa. I'll stop calling them black when they call me,"German, Italian, Swedish, Canadian American" and stop calling me white or caucasion.So i think Racism is still alive today because of people claiming racist on everyone. I think to stop racism all races have to stop racism. No more cracker or "N" word or any other term unless used in a joking matter. I mean come on, do you think if i went to my boss and said he called me a cracker he would do anything?

No more cracker or "N" word or any other term unless used in a joking matter.

I would suggest not even then...

Without jokes and laughter the world would be such a sad place. I think its better to be funny and make jokes about things rather then hold it back and let it out in angerAlso to prove a point you bleeped out "*bottom*" right? Well if i would have said the "N" word you would have bleeped it out right? You did not bleep out cracker though. I bet you didnt even think about that.

Edited by BooZker (see edit history)

Without jokes and laughter the world would be such a sad place. I think its better to be funny and make jokes about things rather then hold it back and let it out in anger

Your sense of Humour can be excerised without infringing on the ethnicity of others. I agree that humour is a great way to relieve stress and lighten an atmosphere, but is it really neccesary to do so at other's expense?

Also to prove a point you bleeped out "*bottom*" right? Well if i would have said the "N" word you would have bleeped it out right? You did not bleep out cracker though. I bet you didnt even think about that.

No, that *bleep*, like all others around the Forum comes from a word checking script. A list of common undesirable words can be editted by most Forum software packages in use today. If I modify a Topic or posting, I have the requirement to add an *eddited by jlhaslip* line in the posting. And you are right, I would have *bleeped* out the "N" word and issued a warning, (if not a Ban) for using the word you suggest.
And I am not aware of any derogatory intent with respect to the term "cracker". Please enlighten me by way of PM, please.

As to the main point your original posting makes, I think you would be well served to google on "prejudice", "discrimination", "affirmative action", and "reverse discrimination". These are terms you should have an understanding of before you start making accusations about any single race or colour or creed. I'm assuming that you are an American. These terms are an integral part of your culture and legal system, so they should be defined somewhere on the 'net for those who require an explanation about why they are such an important thread in the fabric of your society.

And no, I am not suggesting that my country is without fault. Canadians have their History, too.

Some teacher at my school was telling our class that everyone will think stereotypically of everyone else, always, just that it will have different levels depending on what exactly is triggering the stereotype. I can see how this is conceivable, but it is sort of similar to saying that humans will always treat each other badly... just not necessarely at the same levels of bad-ness. Racism is an interesting topic, and if you asked almost anyone today (actually maybe not... I live in a pretty liberal part of the United States, it may or may not be completely different if you were to go to another city or state) they would say that racism is still in this world at a very high level.So if what the teacher-lady at my school said is true, then I suppose racism will always be present, just not necessarely as little (or as much) is it is (or was, or will be) today.

Some teacher at my school was telling our class that everyone will think stereotypically of everyone else, always, just that it will have different levels depending on what exactly is triggering the stereotype. I can see how this is conceivable, but it is sort of similar to saying that humans will always treat each other badly... just not necessarely at the same levels of bad-ness. Racism is an interesting topic, and if you asked almost anyone today (actually maybe not... I live in a pretty liberal part of the United States, it may or may not be completely different if you were to go to another city or state) they would say that racism is still in this world at a very high level.
So if what the teacher-lady at my school said is true, then I suppose racism will always be present, just not necessarely as little (or as much) is it is (or was, or will be) today.

Everyone is a racist to some degree, but this is not an excuse to not treat every person with the respect that they deserve as a human being.
How many times have we looked at a black person and underestimate their intelligence? How many times have we looked at an Asian guy in glasses and assume that he is good at math? Then we start talking to them and realize that they are not that different from us. The Asian kid may not even be that good at math.
It's hard not to think stereotypically of another person at times, because sometimes what we hear from stereotypes is the only thing we know. What is important is that we must be flexible with our opinions and must change them when they are wrong.
I think that just as it is wrong for a white person to assume that a black person is inferior in any way, it is wrong for a black person to assume that a white person thinks the black person is inferior. It is also wrong to assume that either side is taking advantage of each other.

I think it will always be around for one reason because as one person becomes the victim then other one loses something. As in my dads case certain people including women get extra points. So my dad and his friends (including his black friends) will make jokes to people who want to be hired by saying well your the right race wrong color, or vice versa. You are a in no matter what if your a black women veteran. No how could this NOT make mexicans, whites, asians, ect mad? So they get mad and they are racists? I dont know it makes no sence to me.Oh yah to answer a question here is a few racist words for a white person and i bet NONE will be bleeped out. If you dont think these are actual words as one person just look it up in the dictionary. CrackerWhiteyHonkeyI do not want these bleeped out, but i just want to make a point that depending on your race is how much you care about just words. And still no one has answered why or how this is not racists to my dad or to white people or even asians who don't get extra points on exams.

Oh yah to answer a question here is a few racist words for a white person and i bet NONE will be bleeped out. If you dont think these are actual words as one person just look it up in the dictionary.
Cracker
Whitey
Honkey

I do not want these bleeped out, but i just want to make a point that depending on your race is how much you care about just words. And still no one has answered why or how this is not racists to my dad or to white people or even asians who don't get extra points on exams.

While I agree with you that a black person getting more points on a test because of being black than a white person is totally unfair and racist, I do not believe that this website not filtering out the words you have listed that are, in theory, derogatory against white people, because I'm pretty sure that up 'till now they have not been used (or hardly ever used) on this forum, so there was never a need.

And still no one has answered why or how this is not racists to my dad or to white people or even asians who don't get extra points on exams.

Seems that I can lead you to water, but I can't make you drink.Have you researched those terms listed above? and do you understand the History of Blacks in America? Do you understand the Civil Rights Movement of the 60's and the Civil unrest it created? And the results being the Affirmative Action Program? And the consequences that resulted? Like the bonus points on the tests you are questioning? Or the Quota system in effect at the time as a result of said Affirmative Action Programs? Do some research...

Examples of the effects can be seen in both the job market and college admissions. With quotas of minorities to fill, it may be necessary for the common sociopolitical groups to be passed over in certain circumstances to select a candidate solely due to their sociopolitical background. It is worth noting that in particular, racial quotas for collegiate admission were held to be unconstitutional in the United States, although non-quota race preferences in admissions are legal.

Does that make any sence what so ever. If it does then please inform how. If its unconstitutional in college why not in the work place? This is unconstitional no matter what you put it. Here is how i would say it. We need "X" race so even if they are not fit for the job nor if they even really want it we will give it to them. We will not actually make them work for it. And when "Y" race works hard we will dock them points.

I think you should also read the quote below.

Opponents of "Affirmative Action" point out that the "reverse" in reverse discrimination indicates that "normal" discrimination is an attribute of "white" people, inherently. Thus, when racial discrimination is targeted at white victims instead on non-whites it is "reverse". This is considered a misnomer since racial discrimination is discrimination against any human being (including "white" ones) on the basis of race or color.

Although we don't admit it, part of our modern environments, we already have malicious predispositions towards some races. This tendency for bias-edness starts when we're younger and exposed to new people, and it's those types of people we meet that influence and mold our demeanor towards them in the future. For example, if you got "jumped" by a mexican group as a child in highschool, you'll act differently towards them in the future. So i believe that even though racism is fallacy in the human, it's inevitable.

Thank you for the snippets of information. But I believe that I might be better served with the full link. I would hate to mis-use or mis-quote the information. It is only with a full link and the complete information that we can best understand the quoted information.And I agree with the second snippet. Reverse-discrimination is a "white" construct meaning there is no "reverse" discrimination. Not accepting a person because you had to accept another is discriminatory, period. In an ideal world, zero discrimination would exist; unfortunately, this is not an ideal world. I am glad that your Dad got his job, and I am also glad he befriended the other fellow that was awarded the bonus points. We need more inter-racial co-operation in more situations as we strive towards a better place for ourselves, our children and their children, ad infinitum.On the other hand, I think it is important to recognize the History of the other side of the coin. Blacks (Afro-americans, whatever they prefer to be called) have not had a good story to tell and the Affirmative Action Program was an attempt to restore some benefit to them as a collective group. As it was a "legal" method, there were challenges against it in the Courts of the land, and some cases were supportive of it while others weren't. I'm sure it isn't over yet.Hopefully, you will be able to learn something from this exercise. I am playing the Devi's Advocate here and attempting to guide you to see both sides of this argument in a non-partisan manner. How am I doing?

I normally stay away from topics like this but... <_<

Racism is something that is different in every country and culture and a very sensitive topic. People will always insult others because we look different or are different from them, its basic human nature and nothing we can ever change. But we can prevent it, because there is no reason you need to use the "N" work or "cracker". Its stupid and people who use those words show that they lack basic respect for others and there commen sense!

Off the Record.. I live in the US, and lots of ppl use the "N" word down South and its so annoying and I get sick of it...grow up! :lol:

Of cause it is racism against whites... And blacks in a way. Giving blacks extra points kindda indicates that they need this, that they are somewhat dumber than others, which we all know (or at least all sane people) is not true. That is just another form of racism. All races, even the whites are discriminated somewhere. Where I come from it is immigrants from Iraq, Iran, and Israel and so on, who are discriminated the most, while black man is accepted and an Asian man is almost admired. Howcome is the racism not targeted on the same races depending on where you are? Blacks are definitely not seen often here (in Denmark) so what makes it different?Immigrants from the middle east are met with extreme prejudice here, as a new thing, since they?ve started to come within the last 10-15 years. The stereotypical ?immigrant? here are either just ?riding on the system? (meaning that they don?t work but live of the money they get from the state in support) or a ?criminal?. Most of the racism I think, come because they donot speak our language very well and do not understand all our customs? But, this can?t be a reason to discriminate? How would any white man, American or Dane, act if they moved to Pakistan? I wouldn?t want to change just to fit in? And become muslim or start? I don?t even know!So how can we expect anyone to change? We can?t! Can we expect them to learn the language? No.. That would be like trying to teach me Arabian or something :s Anyway, back to America. Racism here is much older.. And honestly it should be over now, but no? Why? I think, in a way you are right. Black people have to help along just as whites do. It doesn?t help anyone if the black man accuses the white man for discriminating. This is just prejudice from the blacks side. Yet, I don?t really think you should stop making jokes about races. I cannot say whether the N word should be included or not, cause I am starting to learn that it is a lot worse here than at my home? But then again ? the most accepted black people among the youth use the words themselves. The rappers I mean. I actually think they are the key. Rappers are excepted among whites as well as blacks. Anyways.. I dunno.. I kindda just wrote some random thoughts and perspectives here.. See if you can use them for anything.

jlhaslip yes you are getting me to se both sides. Thank you. and the link is on wikipedia (man i love that site) When you told me to look it up i went to google and wikipedia was on it. The N word is so confusing for a number of reasons. Some of the most powerful black people use it although no one else can. And Oprah has even quoted that she thinks everyone should stop using it even blacks. I think it is just a word that some people like and some dont. Anymore I think its just like the "F" word, different people re act differently to it.

The link to the quotes is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reverse_discrimination and as you can see i posted the entire paragraph and did not edit in anyway

Edited by BooZker (see edit history)