xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Slashx123

Cloning Animals To Reduce Obesity! This is a weird one.

I was watching the news a while back and i couldnt help but keep my eyes peeled when i saw something about cloning animals to get a nutrient that reduces the fat production in youre body.. It turns out that a chromosone in your DNA regulates the fat production in youre digestive system. The chromosone i believe was Omega 5 or something along those lines.. I cant really remember, But anyway... They tested it out by injecting the nutrient into an egg of a rat, and when the rat was born, it contained the nutrient. This shocked me.. "We are going to start eating cloned animals now!?" It really got me thinking.. What the HELL is this world coming too...

I was watching the news a while back and i couldnt help but keep my eyes peeled when i saw something about cloning animals to get a nutrient that reduces the fat production in youre body.. It turns out that a chromosone in your DNA regulates the fat production in youre digestive system. The chromosone i believe was Omega 5 or something along those lines.. I cant really remember, But anyway... They tested it out by injecting the nutrient into an egg of a rat, and when the rat was born, it contained the nutrient. This shocked me.. "We are going to start eating cloned animals now!?" It really got me thinking.. What the HELL is this world coming too...

No...I don't think you have to eat cloned rats. And Omega 5 is probably not a chromosome, but a gene. I think what the researchers are doing was to get the rats to produce the gene product and to see if this product does what it's supposed to do in the rat. If it works they might turn it into a pill later. This makes more sense because if we have to eat something that contains the nutrient to get it inside our body, we might as well just take a pill.
Who knows, maybe you're already eating cloned animals. :-P

Actually, Omega 5 is a fatty acid. You can't use genes just by eating them (although some bacteria can). Lots of recent studies are also showing that many fish are an amazing source of many fatty acids -- no artificial injection needed.

all i have to say is this is sick, and we need to stop playing the hands of god by creating animals or improving their disablities. and whats this about eating lol? i feel ill... Hmm Fatty Acids, sounds funny what exactly does a fat acid do. I have heard of it and learned of it and forgot of it.

Very strange it seems to me. Cloning to stop people from being fat? Why don't people just learn to control themselves. I was watching about this guy who weighed one thousand pounds! And he weighed a lot before then, got thin, and than started eating again and then you know what happens. I think it is crazy. There are already so many pills. diets, and other things for you to go on or do. Maybe it is just an exuse to be able to clone. :)

I like the fact we can figure this stuff out but by doing so its just making a lazy a** new kind of human the kind that does nothing and just saying "We dont need to exercise we have the Gene". Next stop cyborgs. real ones.

This may end up helping a lot of people by preventing obesity which in turn would reduce the deaths caused by heart failures and other obesity related problems. However, certain religions will probably be protesting this kind of thing. I personally have nothing against genetic engineering and cloning.

For the most part, technology itself is simply laziness put to use. There are thousands of things that we take for granted that we could do without technology, but it's much easier to get them done with.And as for us "playing God", as far as I'm concerned, if The Man has a problem with what we're doing, he can @!#$ well come down and tell us himself.

all i have to say is this is sick, and we need to stop playing the hands of god by creating animals or improving their disablities. and whats this about eating lol? i feel ill... Hmm Fatty Acids, sounds funny what exactly does a fat acid do. I have heard of it and learned of it and forgot of it.

Playing god... you dont think we play god already? people in older times, died at 20, and even with better food would only last to around 40, now there lasting to 100...modern medicine IS "playing god" god gives us things, and we use them, and we take them for granted. modern technology IS playing god.

When someone should die, they should DIE