xisto Community
itssami

Rss Feeds For Invision Power Board ?

i want to fetch some latest topics written on my ipb board , on the main page of website.i think it is possible with rss feeds.. ( converting rss feeds to javascript)... i want to know , are there rss feeds available for Invision power board..??if no or its not possible , is there any other way to fetch the fixed number of latest topics ..( say 5 latest topics) on the main page of website. ?

You will need to install additional plugins to your board.

Check this out. They may be what you need.
http://mods.invisionize.com/db/index.php/f/4744
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I've not tested them as I don't own a power board. Hence there isn't much support from me for these addons. There should be douments available in the download packages. Otherwise you can also discuss for more help in the Invisionize forums. Likewise you can ask for support in this thread and hopefully someone is able to answer your questions.

Good luck..

With the Invision Board 2.1.x, RSS feed is standard and included with the forum installation. You can go and access ACP and set the frequency and forum section for this RSS generator and use RSS converter to show latest 5 topics. GFXTrap.com is currently using FeedDigest.com as RSS translator. I find this service to be easy and quick to initiate.I also find RSS2HTML (search the web) program to be very effective. However it does use your bandwidth.